Chapter 1 -The Choice

It's the night of October 31st and Sirius Black just remembered something he shouldn't. Sirius was sat in the library at number 12 Grimmauld place looking through some old memories of school. This led to him thinking about his friends James and Lily Potter and his godson Hadrian or Harry as everyone called him. Sirius hadn't seen them in 3 months, since they moved to the family's cottage in Godric's Hollow and placed under the fidelius charm by Albus Dumbledore. Peter Pettigrew was their secret keeper meaning the location of the cottage was forgotten by everyone other than Peter, with him being the only person being able to reveal the location of the Potters. This fact is what had Sirius so worried as he just realised that he could once again remember the location of the cottage meaning the charm had been broken and both James and Lily were dead. Sirius knew that this meant that Peter had betrayed them to Voldemort which made his blood boil. Sirius decided he would kill Pettigrew for this but first he decided to get the cottage in the hope that Harry could still be alive, although he new that was almost impossible, but never the less Sirius jumped onto his flying motorcycle and flew to Godric's Hollow.

When Sirius arrived and saw the partially destroyed cottage standing before him his heart dropped. He knew that there was no chance anyone survived the mess before him. He felt the tears welling in his eyes and his anger build to all new levels when he heard something, a faint crying from the hole in the roof. He sprints into the house to find his best friend's body lying dead but not stopping to greave, reaching Harry's room and seeing Lily next to Harry's crib motionless but standing in the crib with a lightning bolt scar on his forehead and tears running down his face was little Harry staring at his mother's body then turning when Sirius comes into the room.  It was at this moment where Sirius' anger ebbed somewhat, all the rage for Pettigrew and his need to go after him hit the back burner when he saw Harry. He knew that no matter how much he wanted revenge on Peter that it wasn't as important as looking after Harry, so Sirius made the smart decision and took his godson with him before Dumbledore could send anyone to come and get him. Sirius didn't trust Dumbledore, not after his insistence on James and Lily leaving Potter manor  to come here where there were less protective wards, Sirius saw this as just as much Dumbledore's fault as Peter's. So Sirius wrapped Harry in blankets and put him in his bike's sidecar and took off back to London.

The next day, Sirius received an owl from Dumbledore telling him to come to Hogwarts as he needed to speak to him. When Sirius arrived through the floo to Dumbledore's office the old man had a grave look on his face which Sirius pretended not to know the reason for. "What's the problem Albus?" Sirius asked with his pure blood mask in place, one of the benefits of being a pure blood for Sirius was being he was able to show little to no emotion as well as being a master in occlumency which Sirius was utilising to hide the fact he had Harry form Dumbledore.
"You may want to take a seat Sirius" Dumbledore replied. Sirius did so trying to show how hesitant he was.
"I'm sorry to say that James and Lily are dead Sirius" Dumbledore stated in what Sirius could tell was a fake somber tone.
"What about Harry?" Sirius angrily replied letting his hatred for Pettigrew out to convince Dumbledore of his worry.
"He has vanished, I believe he was engulfed in the explosion that killed the dark lord but honestly I do not know" Dumbledore replied in what seemed to be a more disappointed tone than sad.
"What do you mean you don't know?!" Sirius near screamed "you lost my godson you old fool!".
"Now Sirius calm down, we need to focus on Peter" Dumbledore replied clearly believing Sirius' act and now trying to calm him down. "Remus will be returning tomorrow, after that I want you both to go after him." .
"No, I'm going to the DMLE, now that Voldemort is gone we do it the right way and get him thrown into Azkaban." Sirius said reinstating his mask and speaking in an extremely cold tone toward his former headmaster.
" Very well Sirius, if that is what you want to do then that will be all, you can go" muttered Dumbledore again his voice laced with disappointment. His voice made Sirius guess that he wanted all the marauders gone, if they went and killed Pettigrew they could be thrown in Azkaban for murder.

When Sirius arrived back at Grimmauld place he knew that he was in for a long 10 years before Harry had to go to Hogwarts and that he would need help in that time. He could always tell Remus, they were always more loyal to each other than to Dumbledore, the only other person he could trust was Amelia. Sirius and Amelia Bones had been dating since before the start of the war but had known each other since Hogwarts with her being in the year above him. Amelia was also now the sole caregiver to her niece Susan after Susan's parents were killed. Amelia also didn't trust Dumbledore so she could be trusted to keep Harry a secret, it would also do Harry good to grow up with another child the same age before going to Hogwarts. With that, he decided that he would contact Remus and Amelia and have them meet him at Black manor as Grimmauld place was too well know to Dumbledore.

Two days later on the 3rd November Sirius, Remus and Amelia were sat in the main parlour of Black manor.
"Why are we here Sirius?" Started Remus,
"Yes why can't we do this at Grimmauld place?" Amelia finished his thought.
"We're here because Albus can't know about this, ever" Sirius stated coldly " I need both of you to swear to me that what I say never leaves this group". "I swear" both Remus and Amelia replied at the exact same moment.
"Harry isn't missing, I have him. I arrived at the cottage before Dumbledore and took him away to keep him safe." Sirius stated apprehensively. "What!?!" They both shouted standing from their seats.
"I couldn't let Albus take him away, he needs to be raised the right way, and I have a bad hunch that Albus would have left Harry with petunia and we all know how much she hates magic." Both Remus and Amelia looked utterly shocked.
"Why tell this to just us padfoot?" Remus quietly asked.
"Because you two are the only ones I can trust not to tell Albus about me having Harry, and I can't raise him alone.".  They sat in silence for about a minute until Amelia spoke up
"What's your plan Sirius?"
"I know you're the only person left to care for Susan so I thought, I want you to marry me Amelia, that way we can protect Harry and Susan, give them a good childhood and upbringing while having some company growing up and we can try and have a happy life.".
"Did you just propose to me Sirius?!" A gobsmacked Amelia almost shouted.
"Yes" Sirius started "I did, it's the only way I see this working out for Harry, plus I've wanted to for some time.". At almost a whisper Amelia replied with a simple "Okay, let's do it" before quickly kissing Sirius and sitting down next to him.
Remus smiled at his friend finally settling down but quickly remembered why they were really there and quickly brought the topic back to Harry, "So what is the plan for raising him?". 
"Me and Amelia raise both kids here together at black manor, this place is so secret that even Dumbledore couldn't come here if he tried, we prepare him the best we can for Hogwarts and not to cave to Dumbledore when he finally goes.".
The rest of the night was spent planning how to protect Harry for the next 10 years, along with a small toast to the Potters and to Sirius and Amelia's engagement.

This was the beginning of a long road for the three that little did they know would change the course of the wizarding world forever.

Hi to anyone who reads this, this is my first story so would appreciate any feedback thanks.