Chapter 7 - The First Day

Harry awoke the next morning at 5:30 am on the dot. He quickly went to the bathroom and came back out to get ready. He dressed in his exercise gear and left his room out towards the common room. It was completely empty, not that it was surprising. Who in their right mind was up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning? Once Harry made it out of the castle, he started jogging down to the shore of the black lake. He decided he'd go for two laps since he didn't know how long a lap would take him. His best guess was if he did two laps he could be back in the common room for 7:00. He started on his first lap and when got to the far side of the lake next to the forest he stopped. "Would you like to go for a hunt until I come back around Ruby?" He asked mentally to his runespoor familiar in tattoo form.
"Yes please Harry, it's been a few days since I've been able to hunt for my own food." She replied emerging from Harry's upper body and lowering herself to the ground.
"I'll call out when I come back around, probably in about half an hour." Ruby simply looked back with one of her heads and nodded, then slithered off into the forest for some breakfast. Harry just chuckled at his friend's excitement and continued his run. After continuing on and picking up Ruby on his second lap, Harry cast the tempus charm when he got back to the castle doors "Seven exactly, perfect timing" he muttered to himself as he walked towards the dungeons.
"Ah mr Potter" Harry suddenly heard from behind him, turning to see professor Snape.
"Good morning professor." He said with a smile. Harry knew about Snape's relationship with his parents and Sirius so didn't want to give him a reason to dislike him.
"Where have you been this morning Potter?" Snape asked after slightly pausing, clearly somewhat surprised by Harry's attitude.
"Just out for a run around the lake sir, I wanted to keep my morning routine as close to it is at home."
Harry replied with as much respect as he could. "Sorry sir, I probably should have cleared it with you first but I didn't get a chance to last night."
"No, it's fine Potter. Why don't you run along back to the common room and go have a shower." Snape said now very confused, 'How is James' son so polite?' He thought to himself.
"Thank you sir." Harry nodded to the professor as he turned and started back to the common room. As he walked through the door making his way back to his room not paying much attention to the world around him, he suddenly felt himself impact something and fall to the ground with a weight on top of him. Getting his bearings he looked up to see what was on top of him only to see a familiar pair of beautiful blue eyes staring back at him.

Daphne Greengrass woke up at 6:45 as she does every day. Realising that breakfast wasn't for another hour she sighed and pulled herself out of bed towards the bathroom. After having a shower and brushing her hair. She put on a pair of jeans, with a plain white T-shirt and black hoodie and slowly made her way out into the empty Slytherin common room. Everyone else it seems having some sense not being up so early on a Saturday. Looking around the common room, Daphne didn't hear someone walk into the common room not paying attention to where he was going. As she turned, she came face to face with them as they collided and went tumbling to the floor together. Looking down she saw a pair of mesmerising emerald green eyes staring back at her and long silky black hair spread out on the floor.
"Harry?!" Daphne exclaimed.
"Daphne, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention where I was going, are you okay?" Harry replied clearly flustered.
"I'm fine Harry don't worry about it." She answered with a small giggle at Harry's nervousness. She then pushed herself off Harry realising that despite his young age he was already developing a six pack and toned chest causing a slight blush. "Where have you been anyway?" She asked quite confused as to why he was up and out so early on a Saturday.
"Oh I just went for a run of a couple laps of the Great Lake and let Ruby hunt for a bit." He said not thinking.
"Ruby? Who's Ruby?" She asked confused. Seeing the look of realisation and fear on Harry's face told her he didn't mean to say that.
"Can I trust you Daphne? Because I can only tell this to people I know won't betray me." Harry said in a somewhat dark voice.
Putting her hand on Harry's arm to calm him Daphne responded. "I want you to trust me Harry, I won't say anything to anyone. And I know if it's necessary that Tracey and Blaise wouldn't either."
"Okay, come with me after breakfast to somewhere I know that's private and I'll tell you, Tracey and Blaise anything you want to know." He said with a small smile. Daphne just nodded in reply. "Now if you will excuse me Daphne, I desperately need a shower. Me and Blaise will meet you and Tracey in the hall for breakfast." Saying nothing else he walked past her towards his room to get ready.
'Well that was certainly odd.' Daphne thought to herself as she sat in an armchair reading, waiting for Tracey and breakfast.