Chapter 16 - Betrothals and Elements

The rest of the school year passed by quickly and peacefully for the group. The end of of year exams were a breeze for Harry, easily getting the top score. However, Daphne, Hermione, Susan and Blaise were in the top ten, with Neville and Tracey just outside.
Harry and Daphne were also getting closer, they considered each other their best friends and Harry was hopeful she would agree to the contract.
Hermione's parents had agreed to allow her to go to Potter manor to study with her friends. Harry and Sirius apparated to their house and set up the floo fireplace and left a supply of floo powder for her so she could travel to Potter manor.

The group were in a compartment on the Hogwarts express on the way down to London when Harry spoke up.
"Right, we have two months until we're back at school. When I get home I'll add you all to the security so you're able to get to my home. I haven't actually fully moved in yet, so how about you all come on Monday morning, around ten so I can give you all a tour." Harry said.
"Sounds good to me." Blaise said.
"Thanks for letting sleep in." Tracey chortled.
"Remember, simply say 'Potter manor' to get there." Harry added.
Just then, a git arrived.
"Oh Merlin, why can't he ever leave us alone?" Hermione asked as she saw Malfoy walk up to their compartment.
"Why do you do this Malfoy? You get embarrassed and run off crying every time you do this." Harry said angrily as he protectively put his arm around Daphne.
"Shut up Potter. And what did I tell you about keeping your hands off Greengrass?" Malfoy said annoyed.
"I don't remember. I don't listen to people who talk nothing but shit." Harry replied getting a chuckle from Daphne leaning into his side.
"How dare-" Malfoy started reaching to his wand.
"Oh don't bother Draco, you do this every time. You know for a fact that I'm more powerful and more knowledgeable. Why don't you go pick on Weasley, he's about your level." Harry said flicking his wand to his hand.
Malfoy just turned red and stormed off.
"Harry?" Daphne said quietly.
"Yes Daphne." Harry replied.
"Language." She said hitting his arm causing everyone to chuckle.
The rest of the journey was peaceful, as the group spoke about the summer to come. Once at kings cross, goodbyes were shared as everyone left for their homes, except for Harry.
"Where are you going Harry?" Sirius asked.
"I need to pop to gringotts quickly, I'll be home in a few hours." He said in response.
"Okay, just be careful." Sirius said.
"I'm always careful." Harry said with a smirk.
Harry headed to gringotts and went to the Potter main vault to retrieve something he hoped he would need in the coming days.
He flooed back to Potter manor to add his friends and their families to the list of people with access to Potter manor. Once he had done this, his dad spoke up.
"Harry, I know you're planning on beating Dumbledore eventually. So me and your mum though that you could use a bit of an extra advantage." He said
"What do you mean?" Harry replied.
"Do you know much of elemental magic Harry?" Lily asked.
"I know of it." Harry replied.
"Well son, the Potters are ancient practitioners of elemental magic. In the vault in this study, there are many books on ancient magic. In there are books on controlling fire, water, wind and even lightning and storms." James explained causing Harry's eyebrows to raise.
"We think you should learn how to do this Harry. You are one of the most Powerful Potters in the history of the family, if anyone can do it, it's you." Lily said.
"I'll certainly give it a go." Harry said excited.
"We recommend starting with water Harry. It's the simplest and that way, when you start with fire, you should be able fix any mistakes without burning yourself or the house down." James said chuckling.
"Alright, I'll start after my friends leave on Monday. This weekend I need to get myself settled here." Harry replied.
"Okay darling." Lily said.
Over the weekend, Harry moved all of his things from Black manor to Potter manor. And had a brief look into the vault in his study. There was a wealth of old, long forgotten magic, he removed the books on elemental magic, along with the journals of Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin with the intention of reading them at some point.

On Monday morning, Harry was standing in the entrance hall by the fireplace waiting for his friends. While Susan was sat on a sofa Harry had brought into the hall so people could wait for the others.
First to some through was Neville, "Hey Harry, wow nice place." He said
"Thanks Neville." Harry said with a smile.
Neville sat down on one of the sofas.
Next to arrive was Hermione, who had a big grin on her face.
"Hi Harry, I'm so excited for today, thank you for inviting me." She said quickly.
"Of course I did." Harry smiled at his excited friend, knowing she wanted to see the library above all.
Then Blaise and Tracey appeared one after the other.
"Hey guys, welcome to my humble home." Harry said with a laugh.
"Yeah, humble." Blaise said looking around.
"Harry, this place is ridiculous." Tracey said.
"Yeah I know." Harry replied.
At that moment, Daphne arrived through the fire, "Hi guys." She said with a smile.
"Hey Daph. Right then, now we're all here, how about the tour?" Harry said smiling. A chorus of 'yes' came in response. "Right, come one then, we'll start from the top."
Harry showed the group the family bedrooms, of which one was already claimed by Susan for when she stayed. On the fifth floor, Harry turned to his friends and spoke. "Right, since you may end up staying here every now and then. This floor is all yours, pick a room and tap the door with your wand to claim it as yours." Harry said.
"You're letting us have our own rooms?" Hermione asked surprised.
"Of course I am. I have enough of them after all." Harry laughed as his friends split, each choosing their rooms. After five minutes, they all returned to the stairs where Harry and Susan were waiting.
"All done?" Harry asked, everyone nodding in response. They continued down the floors, looking into each room as they went, except Harry's study. When Blaise was about to open the door Harry spoke up. "Not that one Blaise. That's my private study and while I trust you all, there are some things in there I'd prefer you not see right now. The only time you can go in there is if I say so. This is my only rule that I will enforce in this house okay?" Harry said calmly yet firmly to his friends.
"Of course Harry."
"Whatever you say mate."
"It's your house, your rules."
"Thank you all for understanding." Harry said smiling. "Now then, how about the library?" Harry said causing Hermione and Daphne to look excited. "Actually we'll do that last, since I know we'll never get these two out once we go in." Harry chortled.
They went on to see the games room, which greatly interested Blaise, Tracey and Neville.
Harry was completely right about Daphne and Hermione, it was almost impossible to drag them out of the library once they entered.
"Any book in here is fair game." Harry said as Hermione sped off in excitement.
The first week for the group was more of a relaxing after finishing school. They spent most time in either the games room or quietly reading in the library. Each night after his friends had gone home, Harry would go to his study to read through the book on water elemental magic. He soon realised it was mainly done through great control of your mind through occlumency and advanced conjuring, although he hadn't got to the point of actually trying to wandlessly conjure water yet.