Chapter 15

Adrien's POV:
Hurriedly walking over to the group, my heart fell when Marinette ran out of the school gates. I'd really messed things up now. Alya glared at me when I arrived at the group.

"Guys, I am so sorry, I-"
"Save it, Adrien." Alya interrupted, and if looks could kill I'd be dead.
"But-"
"Really, Adrien, you've done enough damage." Mylene cut in, and my blood began boiling.
"That wasn't for Marinette!" I finally got my words out, and everyone was shocked into silence.
"What do you mean it wasn't for Marinette?" Rose asked, and I gulped.

"It wasn't for Marinette because I thought it was from Leya." I admitted, and turned to her, who was dumbfounded. "You gave me the letter, and it wasn't signed," Alya facepalmed out of the corner of my eye, "So I just assumed it was you," Turning back to the others, "I really do like Mari, and I was going to tell her tomorrow."
"What?!" Alya yelled, while the others sighed and shook their heads. Looking at her apologetically, she then said, "Okay, you'd better go tell her before something happens. I'll cover for you guys, go!"

Thanking her, I ran out for the school after Marinette, hoping I would find her before something happened. A bad feeling had already manifested, nestling itself in the pit of my stomach.

Immediately bolting towards Marinette's house, Plagg flew alongside me,
"Well, Adrien, you've really messed up now!"
"You think I don't know that, Plagg?" I panted, desperately running faster.

Leah's POV:
"I'm worried." I said to the girls, who had gotten over their initial shock.
"We can't really do anything until after school, though." Juleka responded, and we all reluctantly nodded in agreement, the next class bell ringing.

"Come on, we've got to go and see if Marinette's okay!" Alya prompted, and I followed along with her to Mari's house.
On our way there, my phone pinged, and pulling it out as we walked, I saw a news notification. Stopping Alya, I opened the news tab and listened intently.
"Another akuma attack has ensued near the Eiffel Tower, a villain who calls themselves Cupida is wreaking havoc on the civilians." The screen then shifted to a (very bold) cameraman, who was capturing everything happening.

A figure dressed in red and crimson was sitting on a ledge of the Eiffel, swinging their legs back and forth and twirling something in her hand. The camera zoomed, in, and i blinked rapidly, not believing my eyes.
"Alya..."
"Oh shoot!"
Marinette. It was marinette.
The reporter's voice continued as the camera caught 'Cupida' pointing her weapon at nearby townsfolk and a beam of light emitting from it, hitting them in the back. Nothing noticeable seemed to happen, but she smiled cynically.
"Cupida has been here for more than an hour, and the question everyone has to ask, is ''where is ladybug and cat noir?'"
The news feature cut out, and I stared at my screen for another minute before i felt Alya tugging my hand.
"Come on, we've got to go back to our houses."
"But, Marinette-"
"Ladybug and Cat Noir have got this, trust me."

As I let myself be pulled away by Alya's insistence, I could still hear the screams and cries of the Parisians, ringing in my ears like a wretched echo.