Chapter 12

*Two weeks later*

Leya's POV:

"Seriously?" I burst out laughing at the story Luka had just told me.

"Yeah, Juleka swallowed the whole pick! I got grounded for 2 months!" He chuckled.

"Okay, can I tell you something embarrassing about me?" I asked, blushing slightly. "Back in London, I was never really known as Leya." Luka raised an eyebrow curiously. "People called me pink."

"'Pink'?" Luka questioned as I nodded.

"My grandfather used to call me pink, because he said I was always so bright and full of life. Soon, everyone I knew called me that. And, when my grandfather died two years ago, I died my hair in memory of him. The name just kind of stuck after a while. To be honest, it did feel kind of weird for a bit, with people calling me by my real name again." I looked at my crossed legs, now feeling ridiculous. I really was such a child sometimes.

"I like that name." Luka replied, and I looked up smiling a little.

"You like a lot of things about me." We stared at each other for a few seconds before a snort escaped me. Suddenly, our laughs were filling his room again.

"Tell you what," Luka began, "You can call me a colour too. That way it won't feel as weird." I agreed to his proposition, looking at him intently, thinking of a suitable hue. Red was too...aggressive, black was too dark...white was too clean.

"Blue." I muttered, holding up my hands to resemble a frame and squinting my eyes. "Yeah. Blue." I decided. Luka nodded at me before grabbing his guitar,

"Well, that's my new name then." He said it so matter-of-factly, I couldn't help but giggle.

"Luka's out the window." I jokingly said, as he grinned and picked up his guitar.

"That reminds me, I finished that tune I was working on." He tuned his guitar a little, before playing the first few bars. The melody was sweet and vibrant, yet slow and calming. I closed my eyes and hummed a little once I picked up the riddle, rocking back and forth in my cross-legged position on his bed.

When he had finished the last bar, I opened my eyes and he asked,"What do you think I should call it?"

Looking at him sceptically, I said,

"What do you think?"