Chapter 7

Mari's POV:

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I handed over the letter to Leya.

"Just take it before I change my mind." As I felt the confession pried from my hands, Leya exclaimed,

"Trust me, you won't regret this. Thanks, Mari." I opened my eyes as she left the room. Letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, Tikki flew out from her hiding spot.

"I can't believe it, Marinette! You actually did it!" She squeaked in delight.

"I know, Tikki, but what if he doesn't like me back? What if he embarrasses me? What if-"

"Marinette, if Adrien doesn't like you the same way, then he doesn't deserve to be with you. You're an amazing person, anyone can see that.

"...Thanks, Tikki. I really appreciate it."

Leya's POV:

I skipped towards the school, clutching the note in my hands. I had already decided I wasn't going to force Marinette on Adrien. Don't get me wrong, I ship them so hard, but if Adrien is dumber than I thought, and doesn't like her back, I don' t want him to feel like I'm forcing him.

As I approached the door, I spotted Adrien and Nino.

"Hey, Adrien," I began, as I walked up to him.

"Hey, Leya, what's up?"

"I...have a note for you." I jokingly winked as I handed him the envelope. He took it, with a confused look on his face. "Don't read it until you're alone." I advised him, as Nino would clearly be very nosey. Then, not waiting for a response, I turned and walked towards the classroom, and the class bell sounded overhead.

Adrien's POV:

I hopped out of my father's car, and hurried into the manor, making a beeline for my room. There was no use greeting my father; he wouldn't respond anyway. As I shut the door behind me, Plagg shot out of my coat pocket.

"What do you think, she wrote?" Plagg eagerly asked, prodding it, as desperate to know as I was.

"I don't know, Plagg, but we're about to find out." I eagerly ripped it open but stopped dead when I heard a scream. Running to the window, I saw the thing I least needed right now - an akumatized villain, terrorising the Parisians.

"Oh, give me a break!" I groaned, as I begrudgingly called,

"Plagg, Claws out!"