Chapter 10

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
***

Jameson POV

I had only been here a week and I couldn't get Olivia out of my mind. Her taunting brown eyes that bore into my own have haunted my dreams every night. The way she fought with such confidence and rage but then cared for her younger siblings made my heart thump loudly and harshly in my chest. That first day when she bumped into me and I saw her bruised face, I had the instant feeling that I needed to protect her. I was proven right.

When I followed her at a distance that one day, I watched her go into a run down two story home in what appeared to be a sketchy part of town. I couldn't believe that she lived there. I waited and watched her house. I saw what I presumed was her father stumbling out of the house and head down the road in his car. Not long after did I see another man appear in her doorway. This man looked disheveled as he tucked his shirt back into his pants and ran a hand through his messy hair. He gave the appearance of just having fucked someone. Either that, or he got into a fight. My assumption was the former.

As I waited and contemplated on what to do next, I see the beauty herself, running out of her front door with two bags and head in the direction of town. She looked upset and anxious as she ran down the road. Of course I followed her and wasn't surprised when I found her sitting outside the gym.

I chuckle to myself as I recall her siblings reaction to me as I step out on to the porch as I light a cigarette and take a long drag. Pulling my hood up over my head, I lean against the banister and glance at the houses on my street. I couldn't stop myself from comparing these homes to that of Olivias. I took another hit of my cigarette, blowing out the smoke as I imagined what her life growing up must've been like.

As I gaze off, still thinking about her, I am startled by the sound of fast footsteps running down the sidewalk. I glance to my left and see two blonde haired figures running as fast as they can. The closer they get, I soon realize who it is, but Olivia is no where in sight.

"Amelia, keep going! We have to get to Sebastians!" I hear Donovan shout at his sister who seemed like she was giving up on her speed.

"I'm trying Donovan. I'm going as fast as I can!" I hear her exclaim back at him.

I quickly put my cigarette out and run down my steps, signaling for them to stop. Donovan glares at me, not wanting to stop but Amelia sees me and runs right into my arms.

"What's happened? Where's Olivia!?" I pull Amelia back and cradle her face in my hands, looking into her fear laden eyes. I glanced over to Donovan who quickly looked away, wiping his face with his palm. Tears were staining both of their faces even if he tried to hide it.

Amelia caught her breath and looked up at me.

"Ivan... he.. he has her... at the house," she croaks out, more tears flowing as a sob escapes her lips.

"Em, be quiet," Donovan mutters to her.

He still doesn't like me. But that's not going to stop me from helping.

I look down at a trembling Amelia and softly speak, "Amelia, who is Ivan?"

Her eyes widen and she looks at Donovan. I watch him shake his head slightly, indicating not to tell me anymore. I clench my jaw and narrow my eyes at him.