Chapter 4

her halo is broken
but there's fight in her eyes

***

I stop and stare at them both, Sebastian beckoning me to come closer to them. Clenching my fists, I take in a sharp breath and walk towards them. Sebastian didn't notice my reaction, but I could tell that this stranger sure did. He had that fucking smirk on his face, amusement dancing on his features that was ever so subtle to the naked eye.

"Liv," Sebastian smiled at me, throwing an arm over my shoulder, "this is Jameson. He's interested in joining the gym and as one of my favorite patrons, I thought you could give him some feedback on the place." Sebastian winks at me before turning back to Jameson, "Jameson, this is Olivia. One of my best fighters here."

I continue my assault with my eyes as I glare at this man. Why was Sebastian introducing me to him. He knows that I keep to myself for a reason. Letting people in only gets messy and I don't do messy. Jameson extends a hand to shake mine but I just stare at it with a look of indifference in my eyes as I nod my head in greeting.

I hear a small chuckle escape his lips as he lowers his hand. I glance at his face and fix him with a steady glare as he continues to eye me up.

Sebastian stares at us, eyeing us curiously for a moment before breaking the tension. Clapping his hands together, he turns to me, "so, what do you say Liv?"

I sigh irritated at Sebastian before responding, "fine Seb. Just this once."

Turning back towards Jameson, I put my finger on his chest pointedly, "keep up and you better stay the fuck outta my way."

With that, I turn and head towards my bag. I hear Sebastian and Jameson chuckling and talking quietly before footsteps begin to approach me. Ignoring him, I sit on the bench and begin unwrapping my hands. My knuckles are sore with dried blood all over them as I finally get the wraps off. I hear Jameson whistle through his teeth as I look up noticing him staring at my hands.

Raising an eyebrow at him, I shake my head and go back to what I was doing.

After cleaning my knuckles, I look back at Jameson, "so, let's get this over with." I sigh, standing up and start walking towards the equipment. I point out the punching bags, the lift equipment, the bathrooms and showers. I notice him staring at the closed back room door but ignore his curiosity. Sebastian doesn't let anyone back there that he doesn't know or who isn't apart of the underground fighting. I walk him back to the desk where Sebastian is and inform him that I'm done.

"Thanks Liv," Sebastian smiles at me, "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Probably," I say, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

Turning towards Jameson, I give him a small nod and weak smile as I head towards the door.

I hear Sebastian talking to him about joining and their laugh as Jameson mentions my name and the word stubborn pass through his lips. Fuckers.