Chapter 1

[Nakai Chester & Nanabe Toru]

The wind feels somewhat pleasant every time it gently touches my skin. It was a refreshing feeling and I don't particularly hate it.

I took a deep breath and started to look around me.

"Now then, where's that building I'm supposed to head into?"

They said that I wouldn't miss it since it was quite larger than the other structures around here. But now that I started looking for it, it was a little bit hard to spot in this condition.

The reason for this is because the other buildings that were supposed to be small are also big. If I believe what they said then the building that I was looking for must be bigger than any of this.

I blindly wandered around until I found what I was looking for. The building can't be called large, that description doesn't fit at all. It's much more larger than large if that sounds correct.

Walking at a fast pace, I entered the large facility.

Inside I was greeted by the modern-looking interior of the building. I cut my sightseeing short and headed to the receptionist desk.

"Good morning. What can I do for you?"

A woman that seems to be the receptionist greeted me. She beamed a lively smile in my direction.

"Good morning. Can I have a word with the director?"

She didn't break her smile while reaching for a notebook and a pen.

"What business do you have with Mr. Nakai?"

"Er... I was asked to come and meet here by him."

"Hm. Let me see."

She started to skim to the notebook she just took out earlier. It looked like it was a schedule of some sort.

"Your name, please?" She asked, still not breaking her stare at the notebook in her desk.

"Nanabe Toru."

She started to search for my name in the notebook. While waiting for the permission that I was sure I was going to have, I quickly glanced around the place.

It sure was a large building, even the interior is larger than the ones outside.

Once the receptionist was done, she nodded and turned to me.

"Right. Mr. Nakai is in his office. You can meet him now if you'd like. Do you want me to send someone to escort you to his office?"

"No need. You can just tell me which floor and room I should go to. I'll handle the rest on my own."

"Well then, the director's office is on the eleventh floor. The door of his office has a nameplate on it. You can't miss it."

"Thank you."

After I said my gratitude I boarded the elevator and head straight to the floor and room the receptionist has told me.

At last, after a minute of the tour, I was standing in front of a door with a nameplate on it.

Nakai Chester
Director's Office

That was what it said.

Checking the content of the nameplate twice, I knocked on the door in front of me.

An inaudible voice answered me, it was probably coming from the inside of the room.