Chapter 5

[Friend and Foes]

"Agreed! After all, we still don't know a thing about each other, not even our names,"

"Yeah, let's do that. Nice going, man!"

The other started to praise the upstanding man who braved himself despite the ruckus earlier.

After a moment he stood straight up and looked around the class with a gentle smile.

"My name's Hirata Yousuke. Back in junior high, lots of people called me Yousuke. Feel free to use my first name! I guess my hobby is sports in
general, but I especially like soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here, too. Nice to meet you!"

This "Hirata" introduced himself without a problem. He even added that he played sports. With the gentle face that he have and his somewhat good nature. I'm sure that he will rise up in the class hierarchy soon.

This was obvious if you look at the students staring at his direction. Most of the boys were looking at him with admiration while the girls are affectionately looking at him.

Just for a moment, I saw Inogashira looking not towards Hirata but to a certain girl that I've already met earlier.

"Well then, I'd like everyone to introduce themselves, starting from the back of the class. Is that okay?" Hirata said.

And of course, no one was going to object to a sound plan.

Suddenly, I noticed that all of the students were looking at me, Hirata as well.

I just remembered that my seat was at the last row of the class. That means that I would be introducing myself next.

Without wasting another second, I stood up carefully. Then I looked around the class.

They were all waiting for me to speak and at the certain part of the classroom, a female student was timidly pumping her hands to the air.

She mouthed the words, "You can do it."

It was obviously Kushida.

With a determined nod. I started to introduce myself.

"I am Nanabe Toru. I don't have any particular hobbies but I'm eager to try new things. It's nice to meet all of you."

After my introduction, I immediately sat down. It looks like the other students didn't particularly took an interest in my introduction so they looked at the person who was next.

Good.

Inogashira, who was now the center of attention, flinched when she heard me sat down.

She immediately stood up.

"M-my name is...Inogashira Ko-Ko..."

What's taking her so long? Is she not good with crowds? When I looked at her, her eyes were close to a crying mess.

"Don't rush, you can go slowly." Kushida said.

Hearing those words, Inogashira took a deep breath and started introducing herself.

"My name is Inogashira...Kokoro. Um, my hobby is sewing. I'm pretty good at knitting. I-It's nice to meet you all."

She introduced herself without even stopping for a breath. After she was done, she breathed a sigh of relief then she sat back quietly on her chair.

"So, you like sewing? That's a rare hobby you've got there." I tried to initiate a conversation.

"It was my father's job, he thought me how to do it when I was a kid."