24

After a short sleep, I woke up to Jane leaning over the front of the craft. My eyes felt heavy as I sat up and looked at Loki. He gave me a small smile, yet his brows were furrowed as he stared ahead of me. It was Malekith. Once out of the craft, we hiked up a short hill. Loki's hands were still bound by cuffs, so I stayed close to him to ensure his safety.

We approached Malekith's ship, the ground shaking from the marching army, even though it was still miles away. I laid eyes on the brute which killed Frigga. I could feel a fire begin to burn within, a desire to avenge the only mother figure I had in life. I had to live up to my name. I had to live up to Sigyn.

"Are we ready?" Thor asked.

Jane nodded. Her eyes black as if she has become possessed. I could feel Loki next to me tense up, before replying dryly to Thor.

"I am."

The two brothers walked towards the edge of the cliff face, while I stayed with Jane. Although her eyes were black, I could still find the emotion within them. 

"It'll be alright, Jane. Just stick by me." I whispered to calm her nerves.

Thor and Loki shared a few words before Thor finally set Loki's arms free. Loki's eyes suddenly darkened, before mumbling a few words.

"No, I wouldn't trust me." He smirked, bringing out a dagger and stabbing Thor in the stomach. Jane screamed out in terror. I couldn't bring myself to move. Thor groaned in pain as he fell forward and tumbled down the cliffside, with Loki and Jane following. I sprinted after them, screaming Loki's name. I couldn't understand it. How could he betray us like this? How could he betray Frigga like this?

"You really think I cared about Frigga... about any of them?" He snarled, kicking Thor over again. The words pierced through me as if he has stabbed me as well. "ALL I EVER WANTED, WAS YOU AND ODIN. DEAD AT MY FEET."

"Loki, stop." I screamed. They were the only words I could muster. I had Jane screaming and crying in my arms. He glanced over at me, and I could see it in his face. Heartbreak. Regret. He didn't want to do this. The tears were now rolling down my cheeks as broken sobs escaped me. "Loki, please, don't do this."

His eyes were screaming I'm sorry. But I could never forgive him. He was snapped out of his trance by Thor's arm lifting for Mjolnir. He raised the dagger and swooped it down, cutting off Thor's hand. Jane screamed again, breaking free of my grip and running to Thor. Loki grabbed her and turned towards Malekith, his group now just upon us. My words to Jane echoed in my ears.

Just stick by me.

I made her a promise. And the man I love was breaking it right in front of me.

"I am Loki of Jotunheim. I bring you a gift." He snarled, pushing Jane down on her stomach at Malekith's feet. I was so angry. He knew I would be unable to fight him, to oppose him, he knew this would work. But I refused to let up. I got up and jumped on top of Jane, shielding her from Malekith. I felt Loki's arms pull me back into a grip, he held me against his chest.

"Let me go! " I snarled. "I fucking hate you. How could you?" He ignored me. His arms were too strong for me to break loose.

"I ask for only one thing in return," he addressed Malekith. "a seat from which to watch Asgard burn." I still squirmed, yet he refused to let go. 

"Asgard is our home." I sobbed. "Please Loki. Don't do this."

Malekith and the brute exchanged words in a language I couldn't understand. He walked over to Thor, staring him down. I'd never seen Thor so weak and defeated. I shut my eyes, burying my face into Loki's arm, sobbing. Was this it?

Suddenly, there was a huge force present. I dared to look up to see Jane floating in the air. The darkness within her was suddenly present, and terrifying. I felt Loki's grip tighten, which usually would bring me joy yet now only brings me pain and anger. As the darkness began to leave, he turned his head to whisper in my ear.

"I am so, so sorry love."

"Wha-"

"LOKI, NOW" Thor screamed. Before I could tell what was even going on, I was on the floor on my stomach next to Jane. Loki lunged on top of us and buried his face in the crook of my neck. There was a massive bang, with dust flying everywhere. When it began to settle, I dared to look up. Hundreds of thousands of small red particles began to shoot up through the ground before rushing into Malekith. He smirked and walked away, his small army ascending upon us. Loki got up and stood in front of us, but I grabbed Jane and drew my sword. I didn't have time to think about what just happened, I just had to protect myself and my friends.

Everything was a blur. I just kept fighting until I had no energy left. I turned round to see Thor, avenging Frigga. The large brute and him threw one another around like ragdolls. The rest of the army lay dead at our feet. I turned to look at Jane and smirked, but her face fell.

The last thing I remember after that was lying on the ground, my vision blurry. I vaguely made out Jane prying my sword out of my hand and swinging it at a limping, almost dead soldier, rendering him dead. I heard heavy footsteps, and a sudden pair of cold hands caressing my face. Everything was blurry, sound muffled. That was the last thing I remember.