29

Will probably end up editing this in the morning but ah well. Enjoy!

- A x

---

Seeing my friends, colleagues and others around me grow up with families made me so sad as a little girl. Having been given a second chance at life with dear Hugo, I felt guilt for not being more grateful, however that guilt was replaced with jealousy as I saw happy families and loving relationships. Falling pregnant, I knew that I had to give the two lives inside of me the best life possible. Deep down, I knew Loki and I's little situation couldn't continue forever. I desperately wanted my two children to have a normal life.

"It's late." I heard a voice behind me, whipping round to see Loki standing behind me in the orchard, bathed by moonlight.

"Trouble sleeping." I sighed, looking down at my swollen belly. Loki came and kneeled in front of me, lying his head to the side against it and smiling as he listened to our children.

"They are troublemakers, just like their dad." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the starry night sky.

"Couldn't really expect much else of the children of the god of mischief."

"What ails you, my love?"

The thing about being in love is that your person always knows when you are troubled. You cannot hide it. I sighed and looked down at Loki, my eyes meeting his.

"I want them to live a good life." I whispered.

"They will live the best life my darling. I am not my father." Loki replied. I sat up straight and looked at him.

"Loki, you may not be your father in spirit; in fact you are far from him. Yet, you wear his appearance to hide. Loki, I want my sons to grow with their real father."

His face dropped a little. He knew I was right. He sighed and stood up, sitting next to me and entwining his fingers around mine.

"I must admit, it has crossed my mind as well." He looked at the ground, blinking back tears. "The father I grew up with wasn't my real father. I don't want that to be the same for my children."

"Loki, what do we do?" I squeezed his hand.

"I'll figure something out. Don't I always?" He grinned, although his eyes didn't deceive me. All I saw was worry about the future.

For the first time in my pregnancy, I felt dread.

---

On the eighth month of my pregnancy, I fell ill. Eir wasn't really sure of the cause but it was probably related to the fact I was a month away from giving birth to twins. I was prescribed bed rest. Loki helped out when he could, but to be frank I was a hormonal pregnant woman and that man knew how to push my buttons.

One morning I woke up and just managed to get out of bed. I moved towards the balcony and basked in the morning sunlight, letting a deep breath of fresh air enter my lungs. It was then that I saw the bifrost activate. I furrowed my brows wandering who could be coming to Asgard. Visitors were rare these days.

Not thinking much, I continued to enjoy my sunbathing. That was, until I heard the familiar whirling sound of mjolnir flying through the air. My eyes snapped open. Oh shit.

Anxiously, I waited for Loki to return to the room. He burst in, looking rather frazzled, in behind him followed Thor. Thor gave me a smile, although looking at him he was not the man I saw last. He had been through a lot.

"Congratulations on your pregnancy." He said in a genuine tone.

"Thank you Thor. I'm sorry you had to find out like this." He flashed a half smile and turned to Loki.

"We find father NOW."

"Thor, look at (y/n). I cannot leave her—"

"We will return after and work something out. But right now we have to find father."

Loki groaned and turned to me, then back to Thor.

"Give us a second." He said. Thor complied and left the room.

"(y/n), I am so sorry." He walked over to me and kneeled in front of me, gently cupping my cheeks and pressing his forehead against mine. "I promise I will return as soon as I can."

"I had a dream about them last night Loki." I smiled weakly, trying not to cry at the thought of his absence.

"What was this dream?"

"They told me their names. They looked just like you."

"What were their names? What do we call these fine young men?"

"Narfi and Vali." I smiled. Even saying it felt right, and I felt the spark in Loki and that told me he felt the same.

"Perfect." He said under his breath, his eyes welling up. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." I whispered back.

Neither of us were good at goodbyes. I felt silly being so upset over a brief trip however the thought of not having him around again was terrifying. He got up and swiftly left, leaving me in the bedroom. I sighed heavily, already feeling his lack of presence.

---

"You look so much better now." Eir smiled at me. I sighed.

"I don't feel it."

Loki had been away for but a few hours and I already missed him.

"I'll walk you back to your quarters, Sigyn."

"Eir, please call me (y/n)." Sigyn just reminds me of Frigga. Her lack of presence right now is also rather painful. I got up with Eir and began the walk back to my quarters.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I stopped and gasped, placing a hand over my stomach. There was an immense pressure in my bladder and I felt water run down my legs. It took a moment for my brain to realise I wasn't peeing myself.

"Eir."

"(y/n)?"

"Eir, my water just broke."