30

I loved writing this chapter, that is all <3

- A x

---

The agony of labour was almost too much, especially without Loki. I gasped and cried in pain as Eir tried her best to keep me calm. I squeezed her hand tightly and let out a sob as another wave of pain washed over my body.

"You're okay." Eir said calmly, although I could tell she was as scared as I was.

"Eir... Loki..."

"(y/n), I'm sorry but he's not here and these babies aren't waiting. You have to stay strong for your children." She said sternly. I gulped and nodded, taking a deep breath.

Eir picked up a small saucer filled with a clear steaming liquid. She tilted my head back and poured it into my mouth. As I felt the heat of the liquid run through my body, the pain slightly subsided.

"This will help with the pain for now. You aren't ready to push yet." She smiled reassuringly. I smiled back weakly, relieved to have some of the pain lift.

This was short-lived, however. Heimdall burst in the infirmary, holding the bifrost sword in his hand. Eir and I jumped at the urgency.

"Sigyn, Eir, we must leave. Now."

"Heimdall she cannot. She is in lab-"

"I know. Sigyn, (y/n), I am so sorry but you need to come. For the life of your boys. It is too dangerous to stay."

"What's going on Heimdall?" I asked, wincing as I sat up.

"I took an oath to protect Odin and his offspring. This includes Loki, this includes Loki's family. You are family. Hela is coming we need to go."

"Hela?"

Heimdall turned in frustration.

"I'll explain everything in safety. Please, come, ladies." He opened the door and wrapped an arm around me, Eir doing the same.

I managed to reach the courtyard, gasping in shock as I saw the warriors overbearing the palace, our military bravely fighting back. Another wave of pain washed over me and I moaned loudly in pain, Heimdall's hand quickly covering my mouth and hiding me. We ran through the maids passages of the place, a weird sense of nostalgia hitting me as I saw my old quarters. We reached the services entrance and there stood my beloved Artax, to my relief unharmed. I hugged the stallion tightly and let out a sob into his neck. My knees buckled as the pain began to overbear me again.

Heimdall lifted me gently onto Artax's back, and Eir jumped on behind me, gathering the reigns and getting ready to shoot off. I turned to Heimdall, who was mounting another stallion. He led the way into the forest, the two horses galloping wildly to take us to safety.

Suddenly, another soldier from Hela's army began to run alongside Artax, grabbing my leg and sinking his dagger into my shin. I screamed out in pain, a strange sensation to feel such immense pain in two different parts of my body. Eir curled the reins into my hands and let Artax continue following Heimdall, brandishing a bow and arrow and shooting the soldier. The arrow was a poison tip, so if the impact did not kill him then the poison would. She quickly reached behind her into a sack tied around her waist and pulled out an ointment. She reached down and rubbed it into my wound, letting it slowly heal. I took another deep breath and pushed Artax on, desperate to get to safety for the sake of Narfi and Vali.

We reached a path along the cliff sides, letting the horses catch their breath while Heimdall jumped off and lead us on foot. We came to a massive set of doors which Heimdall opened with his Asgardian magic. There was a large open room lit by candlelight. I turned to Heimdall.