5

Hey guys! Decided to continue straight from the last chapter cause it feels so good writing again! Hope you all enjoy <3

- A x

---

Loki and I walked down the halls in silence. I didn't say anything, I was too afraid to speak. The silence continued until Loki finally broke it.

"From now on, (y/n), you will work only for Sif and I." He said simply. 

"Yes, your highness." I said quietly. He stopped and turned to look at me. His eyes said a lot of different things, things that I could interpret in many ways... but I can't. I cannot lose this job.

"Loki." He said to me. "My name is Loki." 

---

I spent the next couple of weeks working for Loki and Sif. It was better without Fandral. I saw him in the halls and didn't even look him in the eye. Just when I had gotten rid of Thor. Sif had grown to me, greeting me and having lengthy chats while I worked away. She had grown smitten over Hugo, as she was training him for battle. I would catch her before training and tell her exactly what to say to him to make him laugh.

I reeeeaaallllyyyy wanted them to get together.

As for Loki, he was the same. Sarcastic, a dick, funny and dare I say flirty. I looked forward to doing even the worst jobs for him, to be slated by him and even just seeing him around. I tried not to admit it to myself for a while, but I had a big stinking crush on the boy.

This all changed one day when I was called to his chambers in the morning. My book just said:

1. Prince Loki Odinson. Needs help.

Needs help? That's a bit vague. I take my usual sweep, golden plate with honey and water and fresh quilts up anyway, as that's my morning routine with Loki. I knocked on the door but no one answered. I waited for a while before they swung open quite aggressively. Loki was lying in bed, strung over the sheets that were hanging off the mattress. His quilts were all over the ground. He was breathing heavily. 

"Loki?" I said quietly. "Is everything alri-"

"Yes." he replied dryly. His voice sounded deeper than usual. I frowned.

"Shall I just carry out my normal duties?"

Silence. Then another short reply.

"No. Just sit out on the balcony for a bit."

This was strange. He wasn't spitting back snarky replies or teasing me today. I put his golden plate down next to him and did as instructed. His hand reached out to the water. They were shaking. Something had happened. 

After what felt like an eternity, he got up and dressed quietly. 

"(y/n)." He sighed, turning around to look at me. "My father has fallen into the Odinsleep." I frowned.

"Odinsleep? I..."

"He is asleep. And will be for a long time. Probably." He opened his mouth to say something else but my pocket lit up with a golden shimmer. The book. I took it out and checked my list.

2. Lady Sif needs her clothes and sheets changed. Bring water and honey.

I looked back up at Loki, waiting for him to continue, but he didn't.

"Go." He said. I nodded my head and left his chambers. As I did a fleet of guards passed me in the hall and knocked on Loki's door. 

---