12

Hey guys!! I got a few messages asking about the songs posted with every chapter. Basically when I'm writing I like to write to music which matches the mood and I pick a song which most likely matches the chapter. Feel free to listen while you read!  Also thank you so much for 10k reads <3

- A x

---

"You are brave to come back here." He sneers with a distaste in his voice. He is talking around Thor, who has been trying to get him to talk for the past ten minutes. In those past ten minutes, my heart hasn't stopped racing. Hearing his cold, icy voice gave me goosebumps. I would break down into tears if I was alone. Just looking at him hurt my heart.

"I don't give up so easily." I somewhat chuckled. He didn't look too happy with that answer, turning around and beginning to ignore us again. "What happened when you fell off the bridge?"

He stayed silent. After a moment, his hands curled up into tight fists and he shivered ever so slightly. He continued to ignore us.

"Loki, we are trying to help you-" Thor started, but he was cut off by Loki's voice screaming in reply.

"I DON'T WANT HELP FROM YOU." His voice broke ever so slightly. He was looking directly at Thor. Thor looked at him, and then me, and then back to him. Loki didn't break eye contact. Thor chuckled ever so slightly.

"I see what's going on." He said quietly. He began to walk to the entrance, placing an arm gently on my shoulder. He leaned in and whispered in my ear. "I'll be outside."

I nodded slightly and looked back at Loki, who was standing near the barrier, still glaring at Thor. Once Thor disappeared, he scoffed and sat on the small couch Frigga had placed in for him. I decided it was best to stay silent.

"Isn't it so funny, when people pretend to care about you." He growled, burying his head into his hands, running his fingers through his silky black hair. I bit my lip.

"Loki, he does care." I say quietly. I know it's risky but he should know that Thor has changed. Like he said, he isn't the man he used to be. He looked up at me, his icy eyes catching mine. He had a look of hatred plastered on his face. I gulped.

"You really think that Thor cares about me?" He smirked. "Do you want to see how much he really cares for me, darling?" I didn't say anything.

Loki took a few steps back, taking off his cotton robe and shirt. I blushed, trying not to stare too hard. His skin was pristine and white, with a gentle bit of muscle showing in his abs. He closed his eyes and threw his head back, gripping his hands. A small golden glow ran up his body. What it revealed horrified me. He had bruises all up his side, cuts covering every inch of him. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands. A black bruise developed up around his eye and brow bone. A deep cut appeared on his cheek and lips. His arms were purple and brown, with not much white skin left showing. He stared me deep in the eyes while I watched in horror.

"This," he spoke, wincing as he did. "this is how much Thor loves me." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I had refused to let Loki see my cry and I wasn't about to break that vow so soon. I ran back up the stairs and out the door. I couldn't take anymore for now.

---

"Well? How did you get on?" Thor asked as he saw me run out. He frowned at the state I was in as I broke down to the floor, unable to speak from the sobbing. "(y/n)?" He quizzed, kneeling down and snaking his arm under mine in an attempt to help me up. I pushed him off.

"NO. Get off me. You were the one that did this to him." I wept, pulling myself up.

"What on earth are you taking about maid?" He said, starting to get angry. 

"You hurt him. Physically and emotionally. I'm not gonna help you again. I'm done."

"I had to what I had to do to save Midguard. He was going to destroy an entire planet, take rule of it and kill hundreds to get that title. You don't understand (y/n). You keep forgetting that the man in there is not Loki." He spat.

"You need to remember Thor, that Loki is in there somewhere. And you hurt him too."

---

I spent the rest of my day avoiding Thor and trying to forget what I had saw. I knew I had to go back down to him, but I didn't want to do it in Thor's name. I decided to go and visit him the next day, try and convince him to talk to me and only me. And Thor wouldn't be there to do anything about it. 

That morning I woke up and carried out my normal duties. I finally got a break late afternoon and wasted no time going down to the prison without anyone with me - which was a problem. Maids aren't allowed access to the prison unless they've been assigned there. I decided my only chance of getting in was bringing a sweep down and pray the guards didn't get suspicious.

I got to the entrance and just with my luck, the guards got suspicious.

"What are you doing here?" They asked.

"I'm assigned to sweep the floors." I simply said. They glared at me and shot each other looks. After a moment they brought out a small projection device that let them access where the maids were all assigned. I thought I was fucked, but sure enough my name was assigned to there and they let me in. In a moment of confusion, I checked my book and smiled.

34. Queen Frigga - Kurse Prison floors swept

I began to sweep, making my way to Loki's cell and looking in. He had his back to me, reading a book. I cleared my throat.

"So what did happen when you fell?" I said. He looked up from his book and over his shoulder at me. He sighed and stood up.

"You're persistent, aren't you?" I stood my ground. "Very well. It felt like I was falling for ages. I didn't think it would stop, and I was sentenced to an eternity. It wasn't fun. After a while, I passed out and woke up in a dark room. That's when I met... him."

"Who is him?"

"He's not someone you'll ever want to meet."

"Yeah but what's his name? Everyone is afraid to even use his name."

"Thanos. His name is Thanos and he is a very dangerous being. He tortured me into leading an alien army. Filled my brain with thoughts of ruling and conquering. He was toxic."

"Do you still believe what he told you?"

He glared at me. Before he could answer I heard a guard shout.

"Maid. There is to be no interaction with the prisoners. Keep moving."

I looked back at Loki and began to sweep again. I swear, I saw the corner of his lips begin to lift.