𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐.

Itadori's POV

I woke up from my unconscious state after recalling a memory of my parents.

I sat up and turned to my side to see Yuuta sitting nearby.

"I'm alive?" I said.

"What a relief ~" Yuuta breathed out a heavy sigh. I looked at him in visible confusion. "Allow me to explain. I believe it was around September, when Gojo-sensei came to see me and asked me to watch over you. I was putting on a fake act this whole time."

"What did Gojo-sensei say?" I asked.

"He said he had a bad feeling and wanted me to take care of the current first and second years. And he's especially concerned about you in particular because you were up for secret execution. So instead of allowing a different executioner, or having information about you being hidden... I decided this would work best. But they aren't that stupid, so in order to be approved as an executioner, I entered a binding vow to 'kill' you. So sorry for killing you."

"Huh? But I'm alive right now...?"

"Because of reversed cursed technique. At the same time your heart stopped, I instantaneously healed you. I thought it might work best based on what I've heard about you so far. And I know this is the second time your death has been staged. Given the circumstances, they'll find out the truth soon, but for now they think you're really dead."

"Why... Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Because you're important to people who are important to me," Yuuta said. "I too once bore a power I couldn't control before. I thought it had been forced on me but I actually invited it upon myself. But the power you bear isn't your own. You aren't to blame."

"No... It isn't about whether it's my fault or not. But... I-"

"Itadori."

I looked up to see Megumi.

"Fushiguro..."

"Let's head back to the school," he said. "The barrier around the school is loosening. And as long as no one sees your face, you can go back. We'll rejoin the older students -"

"Don't act like everything is normal!" I yelled. "Don't act like nothing happened!" I gave Fushiguro a serious look. "I killed people! Lots of people died because of me!"

"It's our fault," Fushiguro said. "Don't be selfish... and give up by yourself... alone." Of course he'd say that! "We're not heroes remember? We're Jujutsu sorcerers. No one can truly judge us... so we have to keep proving the worth of our existence. And we don't have the luxury of being selfish. We have to continue saving others. I believe... that was the original reason behind all of your actions."

You're wrong Fushiguro... It's because as long as I'm around... you'll have to suffer!

"So start by saving me, Itadori. Noritoshi Kamo has made plans for those associated with jujutsu to face off in a culling game. Tsumiki, my older sister, got caught up in it. So I'm begging you, lend me your strength."

I stood up.

"You're strong, so go and help people."