𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓.

Y/N's POV

"He said to 'live long,'" Fushiguro said. The 3 of us, Fushiguro, Nobara, and I were altogether, sitting outside. Fushiguro was telling Nobara about what happened.

"Is this the first time something like this has happened to you?" Nobara asked. She seemed annoyed as always.

"Yeah... For a classmate..." Fushiguro answered.

"Hmph... You 2 seem fine."

"... You too."

An awkward silence was filling the air, and Nobara broke it.

"Well I only knew him for a few weeks. I'm not that soft and sympathetic... that I would cry and mourn over the death of someone like him," Nobara said. Even though she said this, I noticed her bottom lip trembling, like she was gonna cry.

"Y/n..." Fushiguro started. "You're a Grade 1 sorcerer, right?"

"Grade 1?!" Nobara looked at me in shock.

"I think I'm Semi-Grade 1," I responded.

"Why didn't you fight against Sukuna?" Fushiguro asked me.

I didn't hesitate to answer. "Simple. I would lose. Honestly... I have a tendency to not try things if I know I'll definitely lose in the end. I try not to think this way all the time, but in this case... It was one of the rare occasions. Sukuna is a special-grade... The King of Curses."

Fushiguro didn't say anything and I smiled at him.

"And you still tried anyway. You have my respect, Fushiguro." He looked at me for a moment but then looked away.

"It's so hot."

"I know right? Wonder when we'll get our summer clothes."

"Hah? You're more depressed than ever... Megumi." A girl with glasses holding a weapon was accompanied with a boy and a... panda?

"Zenin-senpai," Fushiguro said.

"Don't call me by my last -"

"Maki! Maki!" I saw a panda say, trying to get her attention. "He really did die yesterday! A first year boy!"

"Why didn't you say anything before?! Now I'll come off as mean and heartless!"

"You kinda are though," the panda told her.

"Tuna mayo," the other boy with them said. His mouth was covered with a high collar.

"Who are these people...?" Nobara confusedly asked.

"Our upperclassmen. More specifically, our second year senpais," Fushiguro replied.

"There's Zenin-senpai who's the best at handling cursed weapons. Inumaki-senpai, who's good with spells, and then Panda-senpai. There's actually one more but he's currently overseas and not here right now."

"Care to explain more on Panda's introduction?" Nobara said. I was confused, too. A talking Panda?

"Sorry guys but we wanted to tell you something. We want you to attend the Kyoto sister school exchange," Panda said.

"It's a joint program with the other sorcery school in Kyoto," Fushiguro explained for Nobara and I. "But I thought the event was mainly for second and third years?"

"Yeah but the third years are suspended. We don't have enough people so you guys gotta substitute for them," Maki said.

"What do you do during the program?" I asked.

Panda explained how the 2 schools would come together for this event. The match types proposed by each school principal will be given exactly one day each. The event takes place over the course of 2 days. The first match is a team match and the second one is a solo match.

"So you're gonna do it, right? Your classmate died after all," Maki said.

"I'll do it," Nobara, Fushiguro, and I said all at the same time.

I can become stronger. I thought of Itadori. I'll do anything for that.

"But if I think the extensive training or the exchange is completely useless I'll stop immediately," Nobara said.

"Same here," Fushiguro agreed.

I nodded.

"It's settled then." Maki smiled.

"They should increase the number of vending machines around here." Nobara handed me the drink I wanted.

"Thanks," I said.

"That's definitely not happening. Vendor entry is so limited around here," Fushiguro stated. "Hm?"

I looked up to see 2 people. A really big, muscular man, and a sly beauty?

"Zenin-senpai. What are you doing here?" Fushiguro asked.

"So that's her sister?" Nobara said. They did kind of give off the same aura.

"Don't call me by last name, Fushiguro-kun. That way no one can tell us apart. It's Mai, remember?" The beauty said slyly.

"So these guys are the substitutes for the exchange event, huh," the big guy said.

"We were worried so we came with the school principal to check up on you. I heard your classmate died. Was it not painful?" Mai said. "'Host' sounds accurate but the main point is that he's a half curse monster, right? And for him to call himself a Shaman next to you... weren't you disgusted by it? Aren't you relieved he's dead and gone?"

Nobara rolled her eyes but Megumi was getting irritated and angry.

"No. Not at all," I said, smiling.

Mai became shocked but then returned to her normal expression. "Someone's got quite a mouth."

I remained calm. "Thank you, but the obvious doesn't need to be stated."

Mai's expression became agitated much to my pleasure.

"There's no need to talk about worthless things, Mai. I just wanna know if these guys are worthy substitutes. Fushiguro, right?" The male inhaled before he yelled, "What kind of woman is your type?"

What... did he just say...?

"Depending on your answer, I'll kill you. Right at this spot and in this moment." He got into a fighting stance and ripped off his top. "By the way, my type is... A really tall woman with huge boobs."

(I know he says something different in the anime but I'm kind of basing it off of the manga for the most part.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I LOVE JUNPEI SO FREAKING MUCH WHYYY 😭😭😭 AND HE'S SO CUTE HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO HIM