The Bloodshed

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Staring down, eyes remained wide from shock. Metal collided with the nearby ground, and a few leaves flew up around the object momentarily. Crimson dripped down from the wound and fell upon the earth as the individual bent over from the stab wound to the midsection. The blade was moved upwards, which caused another gasp of pain to leave the victim of the blow, before it was ripped out. Blood flew out with it and decorated the ground more.

Shakily, fingertips moved over to the wound. Red painted them, and the owner of the blood stared at the substance as if it wasn't actually there. The hand, withdrawing itself, directed its attention over to the right and down to where the weapon lay. Afternoon sunlight glinted off of the metal, and the individual's reflection could be seen. Surprise, disappointment, fear and worry filled the individual's eyes.

Before the hand could reach the weapon, another set of steps were heard, and a foot kicked at the back of the individual's knees. That coupled with the wound caused the person to fall to their knees. Another rough gasp of breath left the individual, and the person's hand soon rested on the ground. Fingers clutched at the grass and dirt to give support to the rest of the body.

Light reflected off of the metal of a kitchen knife. The owner of the knife held tightly onto the weapon and backed away from the victim of its last attack. Other steps filled his ears and walked around to the front of him. A smirk was on the steps' owner's lips. "And, you thought you would win." Cruel chuckles parted from the younger man. "It turns out you're the foolish knave. You should've never stolen from me in the first place."

In a last attempt to win, his right hand reached out towards his sword, but the younger male grabbed it and created some distance between them. Another pained gasp left him when he took too deep of a breath, and he nearly lost his balance when his hand rested on the ground again. More crimson coated the earth, and when he tried to cover the wound with his hand, the younger male's left foot stepped on top of it. He attempted to free his hand but had no such strength to lift the foot off, especially when the younger male only applied more force.

Looking over to the young female, the younger male smirked. "Good job, Hester. I'm actually surprised that went so smoothly, and you attacked in just the right moment." Jacob chuckled, and Hester beamed at her brother's praise. His attention went back to the knight. "Now, how confidant are you that you're going to have a bright, happy future with (f/n)?" Another cruel chuckle left him. "I'd say not confidant at all."

With more blood leaving him, he was having a harder time concentrating on what Jacob was saying, not that he cared. No, he was more worried about what would happen to (f/n). It had happened all so fast. He should've known that Hester would be nearby, yet he had been caught off guard by her and had reacted too late. If only he had caught her steps a moment sooner, she would be the one bleeding out, not him. Jacob would've followed shortly after. Instead, he was kneeling before the two while his insides were burning from the pain traveling through them.

Losing his arm had been painful, but this was even more so because he had failed the most important person to him. He had promised to protect (f/n), yet he was dying before the two people who plotted against her. Emorie tried to move his hand again, but Jacob simply taunted him more. At least, the apprentice's voice made little sense now.