The Trim

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

For a moment, she stood off to the side. Curiosity got the best of her, and she looked around his home. It didn't have much in it yet, but that made sense since he just had moved in. It probably would take him awhile to get everything in order, but she did see the basic furniture pieces and household items set up that every home had. A wooden table, fire pit, a few iron pots and pans, waste bucket, water barrel and several knives were in the kitchen.

On the table, though, there was a single loaf of bread, a few carrots and the remains of a skinned rabbit. That explained the pot on the fire pit. Most likely, he was making a very simple rabbit stew. "Admittedly, I was expecting that you would take longer." A look of embarrassment crossed his countenance, and his right hand rubbed the back of his neck. "Then again, I probably should've started dinner earlier." He moved around her and worked on cleaning up the remains of the rabbit. "But, it should be awhile before it's ready, so we can move to trimming. I don't want to have you wait around for me."

She shook her head. "There's no rush." (F/n) didn't know if she should move forward or not, not knowing what would be rude to him.

"That's very kind of you." He moved the remains into a bucket for kitchen waste before he grabbed a rag from the table and poured some water on it. Emorie began to wipe down the table and asked, "Have you eaten already, (f/n)?" She paused at him saying her name. It still seemed odd to her that Emorie was addressing her so personally, but she was using his first name whenever she thought of him and even when she spoke to him sometimes. Maybe, it just was that twirling feeling again. Since she had been quiet for awhile, he chuckled kindly and wrung out the dirty water into the waste bucket before he hung it to dry on one of the pot racks.

Hearing his chuckle, she did wake up from her slight trance, and she felt heat touch her cheeks. "... Umm, yes. Sorry." She dipped her head quickly, and she heard footsteps come her way. His hand wiped itself on his black trousers before he rested it on her head. Her cheeks heated up more.

"There's no reason to apologize, but if you do grow hungry, I don't mind sharing some with you."

Instantly, she pulled her head away and shook it. "No, I couldn't!" Her eyes widened a bit at how much she raised her voice, and she dipped her head again. Her mother would be shaking her head again. "I mean you just got here, and you still need to grow your crops. I don't want to take your food, but thank you for offering." Her (e/c) eyes met his light blue ones. "If anything, I should ask if you'd like me to bring you some."

"That would imply us meeting again, wouldn't it?" he teased, an amused, playful smirk now on his lips. Immediately, she tensed, and she wondered if her cheeks ever would feel normal again. "Well, I wouldn't mind. Already, you've brought many smiles to my face." His hand rested on her head again, and she was glad that it blocked her expression from his view partially. "I hope, though, that you don't mind helping me trim my beard in my room. If you're uncomfortable with that, I'll move the table and stool out here."

H-H-His r-room ... Slightly, her eyes widened. Beforehand, she had been worried about getting closer to his face to help him. Now, he was offering to do the procedure in his room?! It felt like her mind had miniature bursts of heat travel through it. Almost, she thought that steam might come out of her head. Noting her reaction, he chuckled lightly and withdrew his hand. "I'll move them out here, then."