Chapter 11

We were parking at the house. Kol had answered my questions about mates and his life as a lycan as we drove home. But he hadn't opened up about his family. He quickly changed the subject on that one.

At least that meant he wouldn't be asking about mine anytime soon.

"Will your lycan want to meet me? It's just that Ava told me that he might want to and I was just wondering. Not that he has t-"

He glanced at me, eyes glowing yellow for a second, "He definitely does." His voice was lower, a growl almost hidden in his tone.

"Will he like me? Or..."

Kol laughed at me. "Alice, he already loves you." His voice was completely sincere.

"Oh." I thought there'd be awkward pause, maybe he would want me to admit my feelings as well. But I guess he knew I wasn't there yet.

"You can meet Zeon later. First, let's eat breakfast."

We walked inside the house, Kol's arm around my waist. He'd said he would touch me as frequently as possible to prevent any pain. Honestly, I wasn't complaining.

A old plump woman, with silky white hair widened her eyes as she spotted us.

"Oh my goodness! It is so nice to finally meet you Luna." She was beaming with joy, because of me? 

I reached out to shake her hand but Kol stopped me. The old lady bowed while keeping a bold smile. 

She bowed.

What was this? The 1700's? And why did she bow to me? 

"Alice, this is Lucy, our cook. She's a werewolf." He whispered the last part in my ear.

"Nice to meet you?" Lucy didn't process my confusion, instead her tiny smile widened and she spoke, "I have already made breakfast and lunch. I will be back later today to make dinner," She bowed once again, this time to both Kol and I, "Alpha, Alpha Female."

Then she giddily made her way out of the house.

"Alpha female?" I asked Kol.

He grinned lopsidedly, "Remember, we share everything. That includes my title. Also, all werewolves bow to Lycans and their mates." He caressed my cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Right. I forget you're Alpha of all Canadian Alphas. Cool." 

He smirks, "Don't let the title overwhelm you. We simply follow a system. In this case, I'm at the top and I always will be." He pulls me into him.

I really hoped that wasn't always the case.

"Now let go eat food...before I carry you to our bedroom and have you instead." I shake my head as I fight a smile. 

"I think you're getting a little too comfortable, Alpha." I hold his stare, my lips slightly parted.

A low growl vibrates past his throat, making my breathing a tiny bit heavier. 

"Don't start something, you can't finish mon amour." His grip on my waist tightens.

The devious smile should give him a hint of what I'm about to say. I stand on my tip toes, and run my hand through his soft dark hair as I place a kiss on his earlobe and whisper, "Who said I couldn't finish, mio amore."

I pull back to watch him clench his jaw and playfully glare at me. I almost laugh.

He asked for it.