Chapter 21

Part two to this chapter coming veryyy soon!

-------------

My mouth hung slightly open. I heard him clearly, but that didn't stop me from mumbling out, "What?"

He'd told me to leave. To leave. God, how pissed off was he? I couldn't read him, his stupid stoic facade was up, just like the doctor's.

"Get out of my room." He walked towards the door and held it open.

I stared at him for a few seconds, letting it all process. I noticed how he phrased his words. It wasn't 'our' room, it was his. And that only fueled the tears behind my eyes.

I wasn't sure what to say. But I didn't want to stay. I was afraid he'd be so furious that ending things between us would be his solution to this.

Before I could cry anymore, I carried myself out the door -- not looking at him, in fear that he could see I was seconds away from sobbing.

I don't know if he closed the door behind me or not, if he could hear the minute choked sobs that escaped as I ran down the stairs as quickly as my tear-filled eyes allowed.

Devons shoulder must've been sore from supporting the weight of my head for so long.

I'd found myself in his bedroom after leaving Kol's . He was playing some kind of video game, but he quickly turned that off as soon as he saw me.

I'd thought about going to Ava but being even a tiny bit of upset probably wasn't good for her baby. The best thing about Devon at this very moment, was that he knew not to ask questions.

He just let me sob on his shoulder and reminded me that the room was soundproof so I could be as loud as I wanted. I would've laughed at his horrible attempt at comforting me in other circumstances.

I still tried to spare him my cries but I couldn't control them anymore. The guilt I'd felt was heartbreaking but the rejection from Kol was something else entirely.

Simply knowing that he couldn't stand to look at me or be in the same room as me made me feel low. So fucking low.

And although Devon couldn't make it any better, he still tried to comfort me with his arms and reassuring whispers.

He sat on his bed, with me on his lap for what seemed like forever. It probably took me an hour to reach the sniffle phase, but I replayed the whole situation in my head and I fell back into sobs again. This happened twice or three times, I can't remember. But Devon said nothing and rubbed my back for all that time. Eventually, I fell asleep in his arms.

I only awoke when I heard a click. I looked towards the door to find Devon holding a plate of breakfast food in his hands.

Noticing my slight disgust, he gave me a pointed glare, "I will spoon feed you if I have to, flower."

I sighed, "Not now. I just want to sleep, please." I thought the embarrassment from my earlier crying session would hit me the second I saw him, but I felt nothing but safe. I'm sure it had something to do with the perception his lycan had of me, being his Luna and all.

He set the plate on the nightstand and walked over as I reluctantly sat up.

"I'm guessing you've got something to do with Kol's grumpiness." He sat next to me.

I averted my eyes to the food, "You've seen him?" I asked.

"Actually, no. He left the house soon after you came into the room. But I can feel his moodiness through our bond. Somethings off. He's always able to control his emotions, enough for the rest of us to feel nothing. But they seem...intense this time. Like he can't help the guilt, anger and frustration creeping through. Guess that's normal though, I know it happened a few times when Ava would piss Mikael off."