Chapter 1: Teddygozilla

Ulrich, Odd, Yumi, Mel and Amy were helping get things ready for the annual school prom which would be that night. Ulrich and Odd were holding the ladder steady as Yumi was hanging things up whilst Amy had her arms full with a box of decorations that her sister, Mel, was helping her carry.

"Um, U-Ulrich?"

They all looked over to the girl who spoke to find a teary eyed Milly and a smug looking Sissi behind her. Amy and Mel shared a look and frowned. They knew Sissi had to be the source of the young girl's tears.

"Would you- would you be my date tonight?" Milly asked, a tear slipping out of her eye as she did so.

"Uh... I'm sorry, Milly. It wouldn't be a very good idea. I'm too old for you." Ulrich replied as Yumi climbed down the ladder. "And, uh. Well, you see I promised to go with Mel."

Mel and Ulrich shared a glance before looking away from each other with a blush.

Amy smirked lightly as she knew the two of them were totally into each other, but quickly dropped the smirk as she was brought back to the matter at hand by Sissi's cruel laugh.

"You see? What did I tell you?" Sissi said. "But don't worry, Milly. I'm sure you'll find a boy for the sandbox dance. Meanwhile, why don't you go play with your dolls."

Milly ran off crying with her friend, Timia, running off after her to try and give her comfort.

"I hope you're proud of yourself." Yumi said.

Sissi turned to see the group giving her disapproving looks.

After speaking with Sissi, the group went back to setting up for the prom and Ulrich was putting duct tape over the electrical cords so they would stay put and people wouldn't trip over them.

"Don't look so down, Ulrich." Mel said. "You could've said yes. You know I'm not really one for prom."

"Even if I was your date?" Odd said into the microphone he held.

"Sissi really did come on strong, though." Amy said.

"Yeah." Ulrich agreed. "If meanness is one of the qualities of a beauty queen, she'll get reelected alright."

Jeremy came over with a box of things and placed them down beside the stage.

"That's true, but try to get Miss World to see that." He said.

Odd laughed a bit.

"Miss World, huh?" He said, before speaking into microphone again. "Miss In-Her-Own-World is more like it."

The others all laughed at his comment, except for Sissi, who was highly offended, and her cronies.

****

It was later on that day and a crowd had formed outside the girls' dorms as Sissi was escourted away by her father.

"What do you say we take a look to make sure that our old friend Xana isn't behind this?" Odd suggested.

They all agreed and entered the dorms as they looked into Sissi's room from outside.

"What do you think?" Ulrich asked.

"A simple short circuit. Too many appliences plugged in at the same time." Jeremy said.

"Yeah, you got lights, lady shaver, curling iron." Mel listed off.

"All together, what do you expect to happen?" Yumi said.

"Not to mention a brain stimulator. Although she probably never figured out how to use it." Odd joked.