Chapter 7: Satellite

(A/N: I skipped over End of Take because I didn't really know how to fit Amy and Mel into the episode without it feeling a little forced)

Jeremy, Odd, Amy, Mel, and Ulrich were all in the middle of class being taught by Mrs. Hurtz when suddenly, all their phones started ringing. Not just theirs, but the whole classroom's phones began to ring. Every student answered their phone, only to receive no response on the other end.

"Weird." Amy said as she pulled her phone away from her ear.

"Was there no one on yours either?" Mel asked as she moved her phone away from her ear too and Amy shook her head in response to her question. "That is weird."

Something was wrong and the twins had a feeling it had to do with Xana.

Mrs. Hurtz glanced around the classroom in mild annoyance, before spotting Sissi with her phone out too and furrowing her brow in disappointment.

"Sissi. You, the principle's daughter, should know the rule dealing with cellphones." She said as she walked over to stand in front of the girl. "Now, why don't you remind us all what that rule is?"

"All mobile phones have got to be turned of before entering the classroom under penalty of having it confiscated." Sissi recited.

"Hand it over." Mrs. Hurtz said and Sissi placed her phone in the teacher's outstretched hand. "And that goes for everyone."

The whole classroom began complaining at that as she told them to quiet down and place all their phones on her desk.

"Xana's sure going to be happy about this." Odd said and Amy nodded in agreement.

The bell rang and all students reluctantly did as they were told as they left the classroom.

Right as the five of them left the room, Yumi came running up to them.

"We had this weird problem." Yumi told them. "This morning, like, everyone's cellphones started ringing and-"

"The teacher confiscated them? Us too." Odd finished for her, the same thing having just happened to them.

"Crazy, huh? All those calls and no one at the other end? I think I'll contact Aelita. This could be Xana's doing." Jeremy said, before running off to contact her.

"We've gotta do something." Ulrich said.

"Yeah. If Jeremy's right and we're unable to contact each other, we're in trouble." Mel agreed.

"Hey, you five." Sissi called out to them and they turned their attention to her. "I'm organising a meeting. They've got to give us our mobiles back. Well? Are you with us?"

Odd took notice of Nicholas stealing glances at Amy and gave a light glare as he stood a little closer to the oblivious girl.

"You bet we are." Amy replied almost immediately and Yumi nodded in agreement.

"No kidding?" Sissi said as she took notice of her serious face, a little shocked by her quick response. "If you really mean it, we'll see you in the Auditorium right after lunch."

Amy nodded in understanding and Sissi, Herb and Nicholas walked away.

"You were right." Ulrich said. "We've gotta see what's up."

It was then that Amy seemed to only just notice Odd had moved a little closer to her and she raised a curious brow at him as he shrugged in response to her silent question. She could only hope he didn't see how warm her cheeks felt at their proximity.

****

Break time had arrived and Odd, Amy, Mel, Ulrich, and Yumi were all sat at a table together eating, the twins sitting on either side of Yumi whilst the two boys were across from the three of them.