Chapter 2: Seeing is Believing

It was the middle of class and the teacher was telling them all about the Nuclear Powerplant.

Ulrich, Odd, Jeremy, Mel and Amy all had this class together. Ulrich was staring out the window, Odd was doodling in his book and Amy and Mel had one heaphone in as they listened to music from Mel's IPod, neither of them finding any particular interest in the lesson being given. The only one that seemed even the slightest bit interested was Jeremy as he was taking notes the whole time.

"Uh, Sir?"

They were all brought out of their own little worlds as Jeremy raised his hand and spoke.

"Yes, go on, Jeremy." Mrs. Hurtz (A/N: Is that her name?) spoke.

"I would like to know if an atomic process exists for fusing virtual particals and materialising them in the real world." Jeremy asked.

"Son, that is in the realm on science fiction. Sorry." The teacher replied.

"Jeremy is an excellent student, but he's a bit of a dreamer." Mrs. Hurtz said.

The class started laughing but immediately stopped after Odd sent them all a look.

The projector suddenly flickered off.

"Well, now. What's happened here?" Mrs. Hurtz said as she tried to turn the machine back on. "Certainly nothing serious, just a blown fuse, that's all."

Jeremy and Odd shared a glance while Amy and Mel did the same.

****

Class had ended and they were all making their way outside to meet up with Yumi.

"And I'm saying that maybe Xana is behind this." Jeremy said as they left the building.

"Don't get too excited." Amy said.

"Yeah, it was justa short circuit." Odd said.

"Odd."

They all turned to see Principal Delmas heading their way.

"I've thought it over and you can form your group, the, uh... Foxtrot Fanatics?" He said.

"Yes!" Odd cheered as he and Amy fist bumped.

"It's the Poprock Progressive, Sir." Yumi corrected.

"But, it must be open to anyone who wishes to play, is that clear?" Principal Delmas said.

"No problemo, Sir." Odd said as the others nodded in agreement.

Principal Delmas then walked away and Odd fell to his knees dramatically.

"Yeah! Let's hear it for the God of Rock'N'Roll!" He cheered. "Hey, come on. If we step on it, we can photocopy the leaflets before lunch, Jeremy."

"Well, you know that I'm not into rock." Jeremy declined. "Besides, I want to check on that outage."

"Alright. See you later, Jeremy." Mel said as Jeremy walked away.

****

"Ugh! Their gross!" Ulrich said as he pushed away his plate of Brussels Sprouts.

Amy hadn't even attempted to eat hers before she too pushed it away, her sister beside her doing the same as she made a face of disgust.

"You know, sometimes I wish I had Odd's appetite when it came to food." Mel said.

Ulrich laughed a bit.

"Yeah. As far as we're concerned, he could swallow a fly while eating and not care." He said.