Chapter 5: Cruel Dilemma

(A/N: I skipped over Big Bug because I didn't really know how to fit Amy and Mel into the episode without it feeling a little forced)

Everyone was gathered on the school's sports field as Principal Delmas was talking to them about the renovations being done to better improve their sporting experience.

"Wow, can he talk." Odd spoke quietly. "Do we really have to listen to all this?" 

"Not really. You could've stayed with Jeremy if you wanted to." Ulrich replied.

"What's Einstein up to anyway?" Yumi asked.

"The usual." Amy and Mel both replied.

"He's glued to his computer screen," Amy began.

"Talking to Aelita." Mel finished.

****

Odd and Amy decided to check up on Jeremy to see how he was going with Aelita's materialisation.

"Jeremy?" Odd said as he and Amy entered the room.

"Looks like he's not here." Amy said.

The two walked further into the room as they took notice of what was on Jeremy's computer screen.

"What's this?" Odd asked no one in particular.

"Probably another one of his materialisation programs. Don't touch anything, Odd. We don't want to mess anything up." Amy warned.

"Relax, Amy. Nothing's going to happen." Odd assured her. "Oh, wow! Candy!"

Odd sat down on the computer chair as he picked up the bag of candy and flipped one into his mouth.

"Want one?" Odd offered and Amy shook her head.

"Odd!"

Said boy jolted in suprise at the sound of his name, accidentally spilling candy all over the keyboard. The two turned to see Jeremy heading their way.

"How many times have I told you not to touch my computer when I'm not here?" Jeremy scolded. "There are months of work in there."

"Relax Max." Odd told him as he stood up. "I didn't hurt your little toy."

"Oh no. You're such a cosmic creep. Now look what you've done." Jeremy said as he sat down. "Those keys are incredibly sensitive."

"Okay, okay. A little piece of candy's not going to wreck your keyboard." Odd replied.

"For the record, this is exactly why I told you not to touch anything." Amy said.

She gave Odd a pointed look and he smiled sheepishly in response as Jeremy brushed the candy off his keyboard and looked up at the computer screen.

"That's crazy. This really, mega insane!" Jeremy said as he began typing away. "Yes! It works! Odd you're a genius! You know that?"

"Hey, make up your mind." Odd said. "Am I a genius or a creep?"

"You're a creepy genius." Jeremy replied. "You didn't do it on purpose, but by dropping the candies of the keyboard you modified and relaunched my program."

"So it works?" Amy asked hopefully.

"Yeah! I don't know exactly what happened, but it works." Jeremy replied.

"Who's an Einstein now? Are you going to materialise Aeilita?" Odd asked.

"Well, yeah. The problem is I only get one try and that's it." Jeremy said. "But that's because I didn't see what kind of programming the candy typed in."