Chapter 4: Log Book

Yumi was walking through the school campus when Mel called her over to join herself, Amy, Odd and Jeremy.

"Hello." Yumi said as she approached them, before looking around. "Hey, look over there. It's Ulrich."

The group turned to see Ulrich sitting on the steps to the dorms. That would've all been perfectly normal, if it wasn't for the fact that none other than Sissi Delmas was sitting with him.

"What's he doing with Sissi?" Amy asked, slight confusion and curiosity lacing her tone.

Ulrich looked over to the group as Odd called out to him, but Sissi seemed to tell him something that brought his attention back to her.

The two talked for a moment longer before Sissi took Ulrich by the arm and walked off with him as the Odd, Amy, Mel, Jeremy and Yumi watched on in confusion.

What the heck was going on?

****

It was the middle of class and, rather than sitting in his usual place, Ulrich was sitting on the other side of the room with Sissi.

"Hey, what's going on with them. I'm seeing things." Odd said. "Ulrich and Sissi? That's weird."

Mel frowned as she looked over at Ulrich and Sissi and a pang of hurt and slight jealousy ran through her chest. Amy took notice of her sister's change in mood and sent her a sympathetic look.

Amy then glanced around the room and smirked a little in amusement at something she noticed before poking Odd in the shoulder with her pen to get his attention.

"Look how jealous Herb is though." She said.

Odd laughed a little as he took notice of the boy death glaring the back of Ulrich's head.

"Odd? Are you listening to me, Odd?" The teacher said, causing Odd to quickly face the front and scratch the back of his head sheepishly.

The bell for the end of class soon rang and the trio managed to separate Ulrich and Sissi so Amy, Mel and Jeremy could talk to him.

"Okay, here it goes." Ulrich began explaining. "I'm in... I'm in a jam, big time. For years I've, uh, been keeping a diary."

"A what?" Jeremy asked.

"A diary." Ulrich spoke a little louder. "Sissi found it and now she's blackmailing me. I have to go out with her. If she thinks she'll win me over that way she's wrong."

"Hold on. In this diary of yours, did you ever mention Lyoko?" Mel asked.

"Or Xana?" Amy added.

"Well, yeah and if I don't do what Sissi says, she's going to tell everybody." Ulrich said. "I don't know what to do."

Jeremy placed a hand on Ulrich's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Ulrich. While you're all at the pool, Mel Yumi and I will look around." He told him.

"We'll find your diary, Ulrich. You'll see." Mel said.

Ulrich gave them both a thankful smile before they were interrupted by Sissi's indignit yelling.

"For the last time! I did not have a nose job! So stop asking, huh?!" She yelled at Odd, who had been distracting her.

"Cut it out, Odd." Ulrich said as he approached the two. "Leave her alone, will ya?"

Ulrich wrapped an arm around Sissi before walking off with her, Sissi sending a smug smile over her shoulder as they left, specifically aiming it at Mel who rose an eyebrow at the girl. Despite knowing what was going on now, Mel still felt that pang of hurt and jealousy run through her chest.