Chapter 6: Image Problem

Odd, Ulrich and Amy were hanging around the school's vending machine as Odd waited for his drink to be made. The machine whirred for a bit before pouring the hot liquid into the cup waiting below the spout. Odd then took the cup and sipped it, before almost choking on it in disgust.

"Hey, what's wrong with the hot chocolate today? It taste like dirty sweat socks and an old pair of sneakers." Odd complained.

"Odd the Gourmet." Ulrich joked which made Amy laugh a little.

Suddenly, the trio turned to find Sissi running their way, calling out for Ulrich.

"Oh, boy. This should be good." Amy commented sarcastically.

"What do you know? Your fan club." Odd also commented as he threw his drink in the trash.

"I don't believe it. Your darling Mel's deserted you for once? And Yumi isn't here either?" Sissi said as she flicked her hair over her shoulder.

Mel was feeling sick that morning so Amy took her to the school nurse where she got some medicine and rest while Amy told the others that she wouldn't be attending her classes today due to feeling unwell.

"Like your brain, huh?" Odd said.

"Yeah, it deserted you a long time ago." Amy added which made Ulrich and Odd laugh as Sissi gasped in offense.

Ulrich's phone then rang and he picked it up to talk to Jeremy on the other end as Sissi walked over to the vending machine.

"I recommend the hot chocolate. Take my word for it." Odd suggested jokingly as Amy hid her grin behind her hand.

"What?" Ulrich said which caused Odd and Amy to look his way.

****

The three of them had run off to the Factory where an unconscious Yumi was laying on the floor with Jeremy watching over her.

Odd and Ulrich carried her to the infirmary where they gently lay her down on a bed.

"Well then. What happened to her?" The school nurse, Dorathy, asked.

"Uh, well she started feeling sick during recess." Jeremy began.

"She's been studying hard of late. I'm guessing it started to impact her health somehow." Amy said.

"Yeah. Our teachers give us way too much homework." Odd said.

"Alright. I'll take care of her. Now back to class, all of you." The Nurse Dorathy said, but nobody moved. "You heard what I said, now go. Go on."

The four of them then finally left the room, though still a little worried about what happened to Yumi.

****

"Are you sure she wasn't hit by a laser?" Ulrich asked as Jeremy had just finished explaining how something had happened to Yumi while she was helping Aelita on Lyoko.

"Maybe a Megatank was hiding nearby." Mel added.

She was feeling better now that she'd taken some medicine and had some rest, so she decided to join the others just in time to hear about Yumi.

"No, no. I would've seen it on the screen." Jeremy replied. "She still had all her life points when she was devirtualised."

"Well in any case something weird happened." Amy said.

"Yeah, that's for sure." Jeremy agreed. "The proof is she passed out in the scanner, only the return trip's pretty easy."

"That's what you think." Odd said. "You oughtta try it one of these days. You'll love it."