1.1

It begins with 

absence and desire

It begins with

blood and fear

It begins with...

A

Dicovery

of Witches

☆☆☆

Once the world was full of wonders, but it belongs to 

humans now. We, creatures, have all but dissapeared. 

Daemons... vampires... and witches... hiding in plain sight. Fearful of discovery. Ill

 at ease even with each other. But, as my father used to say, in 

every ending, there is a new beginning.

☆☆☆

"What happened? I've been waiting for 20 minutes!" Diana  started when she saw her sister running towards her. After Violet caught her breath, she said "I woke up late, ok? Let's just go inside."

"Alright, alright, but next time put an alarm or something to wale you up " Diana said awhile entering the Bod. "You know that never works."

After they sat down at a table, Diana asked her sister "Could you go get me the books I need, please?"

"Sure, what books do you need?"

"Ashmole 37, 92, 183 and 782." -

"Ok."

Violet made her way to the desk "Hello, is this where I can request books?" she asked. "Yes, this is it." Sean informed her. "Here is the request you need to fill." He continued. "Ok, thanks." Violet completed the requests, handed them to Sean, and went to back to the table Diana was sat at.

"Did you get the books?" Diana asked her sister when she (Violet) got to their table. "No, I went to flirt with Sean." Violet said sarcastically while rolling her eyes. "Okay, thanks."

After a few minutes, Sean came with the books/manuscripts. "Here you go. Ashmole 37, 92, 183 and 782." he said. "Thanks." Violet told him. After Sean went back to his desk, she asked Diana "So, how was your lecture on alchemy?"

"It was ok, I might get a professorship."

"Really?! That's great!"

"But first I have to get this paper done by late October."

"Of course, of course. I'll leave you to it."

Violet's curiosity beat her, and took one of the manuscripts. More exactly, Ashmole 782. At first glance she saw that it was really dusty. She let her fingers to trace through the layer of dust. She felt something was weird about the book, but continued inspecting it. She opened it, seeing on the first page two sets of writing, one, writen in an elegant script, read:

"Anthropologia, or a treatis containing a short description of Man",

This, Violet thought, must've been Ashmole himself who wrote that, but the other, writen in pen, should've been someone else. It read:

"In two parts: the first Anatomical, the second Phychological."

Violet felt something weird in the air around her. She looked around to see that everyone looked like nothing happened. She looked at her sister, who, like she read her mind, nodded. Violet decided to just ignore it, so she turned her focus on the book in front of her again. She turned the page, being surprised to see that someone cut three of the pages with some sort of straight edge blade. Looking at the next page, she saw a drawing. It looked like the Alchemical Child, but Violet never saw it represented like that.

Wanting to examine it even more, she took the book closer to the light on the table, and put it under the page. While she was doing that, she saw something weird. She noticed words writen somehow in the page, because when she turned the page to see what was writen, no words were there.

Suddenly, words that weren't there before started appearing on the page, some of them going up on her hands. Scared of what was happening, Violet put both of her hands onto the drawing of the Alchemical Child. When she did that she felt pain traveling in her right hand. She got her hands quickly off the book/ drawing and got off her chair. Looking at her hand, she saw a bad burn there, it looked like the vessel that was holding the Alchemical Child in the picture.

She slammed the book shut, and seeing that the other people from the Bod were staring at her, Violet quietly apologized. She got the manuscript from the table and walked quickly to the library secretary. Without stopping, she gave the book to Sean and exited the Bodleian. On her way out, because she wasn't looking, she accidentaly hit someone's shoulder. Turning to see who she hit, she saw her and Diana's father.

"Dad?" She said to herself.

But because she only had a quick glance, she wasn't entirely sure it was him, so turning to see if it was actually him, he was gone. Instead, leaving the Bod, Violet saw Diana running up to her.

"Are you ok? Why did you run out of Bod?" Her sister asked. "I- I think I just saw dad...." Violet managed to get out. "What?! What do you mean you saw dad?" But before Violet could say anything, Gillian came.

"Diana, what happened? Are you ok? I felt something strange happening with our magic, but I was in the back of the library so I didn't see anything. I was coming out to look when I saw you rushing out and leaving your books at the desk, Were those the Ashmole manuscripts you were talking about?" Gillian said.

Violet's head was full of thoughts and questions, and didn't want to stay there with Gilian. She didn't really know why, but she had a bad feeling about Gillian. So she just left without saying a word.

~~~~~~~

A/N

For the first chapter I think it was ok.

Please don't be mean this is the first time I've writen a story 🥺.

Please tell me in the comments if you've noticed any mistakes (of the events, if they happened differently, or just grammar mistakes)

I'm open to suggestions of what you think should've happened in this chapter or what you think should happen later on.

:)

Sasha