1.4

Long story short of what happened last chapter:

Diana met Matthew and she worked some more on her paper.

They (Violet and Diana) raced to the boat house and went with their boat/ canoe/ kayak (A/N I'm not sure what exactly they're called.)

~~~

Violet's Pov

I felt Matthew's eyes on me, but at this point, I didn't even care to look up at him.

*With Gillian*

3rd Person Pov

"And what's the name of your friend?" Peter Knox asked Gillian.

"You heard him. The name." Satu told her when she saw Gillian was hesitating.

"V- Violet Bishop." She finally told him.

Peter's eyes grew wide when he heard that name...

*Back with Violet*

Violet's Pov

It was getting dark, so I decided to get back to the boat house. Diana left earlier, but I wanted to stay longer.

"Do you actually think it's safe down here in the dark?" Said a voice behind me, right after I put my boat/ canoe/ kayak (A/N again, I don't know exactly how it's called...) up. I turned to see Matthew...

"Are you stalking me?"

"I'm merely pointing out that rowing on your own is a risk." He said. "So, The Book of Life. What did you do with it?" He continued.

"I don't know what that is."

"A witch with your powers? How could you not know?"

"Just because you saw me in the library that was unusual for me, I don't use magic."

"Don't lie to me, Violet. I can feel your power."

"If you want the book, why don't you go get it? I told you I gave it back!"

"I don't believe you."

"Ok, let's say I'm lying, What are you gonna do? Rip my head off to get the truth out of me?"

"I could. But it's not how I operate."

"I'm going to say this to you one more time. I don't have your book."

And then I walked away from him, but he continued talking.

"Ashmole 782 has been missing for centuries, yet you were able to call it up. Aren't you curious why?"

And then I stopped walking. But I still stood with my back at him.

"That book has never appeared to me or anyone else no matter what we've done. Only to you. It could be the key to our survival." That was the point I turned to face him. "So isn't it strange, that the only creature who can summon it, is a witch who can't control her magic?"

And then he walked past me...

He went so that he had my jacket (that fell off my shoulder when I was taking the boat/ canoe/ kayak back to the boat house) at his feet.

He grabbed it, and after a few seconds he brought it to his nose to smell it.

After smelling it for a few seconds, he started acting weird.

"Walk past me, slowly."

"No sudden movements."

"Go."

"But don't run."

And I did as he said...

~~~

A/N

This chapter was shorter, but I want to start with ep 2 in a new one.

:)

Sasha