1.2

So, where were we?

Oh, yea

(Long story short of what happened last chapter:)

Violet just left her sister with Gillian in front of the Bodleian Library after she opened the Ashmole 782 manuscript and got a bad burn on her hand in the shape of a vessel.

Anyway,

Let's continue the story, shall we?

:)

~~~~~

Oxford, England

Diana's Pov

I was surprised to see Violet leaving me with Gillian.

"Is she ok?" Gillian asked me. "I'm not sure. I'm going to go see. Maybe we'll talk later, ok?" - "Ok." And I left. I went the direction she went, thinking she probably went to her appartament. Her appartament is close to mine. When I got there, I knocked on her door, but nothing happened. I got out the spare key she gave me, and opened the door. I looked around, to see a note on the fridge.

Dear Diana,

If this is Diana, if it isn't, then who are you and what are you doing here?

Anyways, Diana, I just need some time alone. I kind of want to think it through. I just want to clear my head. Don't worry, I'll fine. Are you going to the Bod tomorrow? I'll come if you need any help.

Your sister,

Violet

I sighed in relief. I'd like her help tomorrow. I just wonder where she went....

Violet's Pov

After I left Diana with Gillian, I went to my apartament. Knowing my sister will come here looking for me, I left her a note, that I put on the fridge.

Then I left the appartament, still attacked by thoughts. I didn't have a location on mind, so I just went where my feet took me.

I ended up walking for about 2 hours, and ended up on the edge of a forest. Apparently my feet wanted me to go into the forest, and me, being so deep into my thoughts, I didn't stop walking. I walked and walked, until I felt like I hit something. No, someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I said. "It's ok" said the mysterious person. I looked up to see a man, then I reconized- "You're a vampire." - "And you're a witch. Matthew Clairmont." he said. "Violet Bishop. And I guess right now you were hunting?" - "Yes, how did you know?" - "I may have decided to not practice magic like my sister, but I do take an interest in other creatures." - "And who is your sister, if I may ask?" - "Her name is Diana Bishop."

"Anyways, I'll let you to your hunting." I told Matthew. "Oh, ok then. Goodbye." - "Goodbye." I made my way out of the forest, then took out my phone to call Diana.

"Hey." I said when she answered. "Oh, hey, how are you? You okay now?" - "Yea, cleared my head off. So do you want me to come tomorrow with you to the Bod?" - "Yea, I'd like some help. But are you sure you wanna go back there after what happened today with that manuscript... and, well... Dad?" - "Yea, I think I'll be fine, don't worry." - "Ok..."

*Time skip to next day*

When I got up, I looked at my phone and decided to call Sarah. She got her phone, she formed the number and waited for her aunt to pick up.

"Hello?" her aunt answered after a few seconds.

"Hey, it's me" - "Violet? Are you all right? It's five o'clock in the morning." - "I know, I know. I'm sorry. Something's happened." - "Are you alright, honey?" - "Yesterday, me and Diana met at the Bod so she can study there, and I got the manuscripts she needed. One of them was bewitched or something." - "Was it a Grimoire?" - "It was an Ashmole Manuscript. There were Alchemical illustrations." - "Aham, what else?"

"Um... One minute the page was blank, then words started to appear. It was like moving under the pages. It was too fast, I couldn't read it." - "Definitely sounds like it was bewitched. How'd you unravel the spell? Did you say any words?" - "There was no witchcraft involved, Sarah. And even if there was, you know I refuse to practice."

"It freaked me out, I couldn't wait to get rid of it, so I returned it." - "What! Violet, we've always told you, if you ever come across something magical, you should always, always try to understand it-" - "Honey, what's happening?" I heard Em say in the backround. "It's Violet. She discovered some magical book." Sarah told her.

"That's not even why I called! It's what happened after... I-I think I saw dad..." - "What do you mean you saw your dad?" Em asked. "He was just as I remembered him... What do you think it means?" I asked them. "Well, honey, we're not gonna know now, are we? You've given it back. Really, both of you, it's time you faced what you really are, witches!"

"We've been over this Sarah. I'm an artist (A/N you can change the job if you want) and Diana's a Historian. That's what we are, and Oxford might offer her a proffesorship." - "Oh, honey that's wonderful news." Emily said happily. "Yea well, she says she doesn't have it yet. She has to give a paper in. That's why we were in the Bod."

"Wait, wait you both can't just hide in your work. Violet, you saw your father. This is important. If the book is bewitched, there's no telling how you unlocked the spell. You have to take the book out again. Work out on what's going on."

"That's maybe what you would do Sarah, but I am not you! I called for your advice. Not another lecture." Before Sarah or Em could say anything, I hung up.

*Time skip to the Bodleian Library*

I met with Diana in front of the Bodleian. Unlike yesterday (A/N last chapter), I got there on time. "Look who's here on time!" Diana said when she spot me. "This time the alarm woke me up."

When we went inside, Diana told me to go to our table until she got the books she needed. When she got back, I told her what happened this morning when I called Sarah.

"Yea, well you know how she is..." (A/N no offence, I have nothing against Sarah, ok?) Diana said when I finished telling her what happened. "I don't know, we'll see what happens..." - "I guess. Um... Can you get me one of the books I need?" - "Sure, what's it called?" - "Notes and queries." - "Ok, be right back."

Going up some stairs and muttering to myself the title of the book Diana needed, after a few minutes of looking for it, I found it. "There it is!" I told myself. Getting on my tip-toes to get to it, I was almost close to touching when I accidentally used magic and it flew off. Not being able to catch it, I just looked at it how it until it fell. Seeing that someone caught it, I looked at the person to be faced with someone familiar.

"Yours, I believe?"

~~~

A/N

This chapter was somewhat longer, I think.

Who do you think was the familiar person Violet saw? lmao

I'm going to try to post as often as I can, but most probably there will be no chapter on weekends.

Have a nice day/ night!

:)

Sasha