Introduction

Italics = MC thoughts/emphasized words in dialogue

Bold = Settings up setting or giving context.

* * * = Time skip

MC name is Oasis Isaki cuz I can't come up with a better one.

Isaki POV

"Wh-where am I?" I asked. I was in a dark room, the only light coming from a chair with a girl sitting on it directly across from me. "The last thing I remember is-"

"Heyyyy! Let's get on with it. I'm sure the reader has read through countless Konosuba fanfic introductions just like this one already," the lady groaned.

"...huh?"

"Nevermind. Anyway, my name is Eris, you're dead, you can go to heaven, be reincarnated as a baby, or summoned into a fantasy world to fight the Devil King where you will be given one special ability or weapon upon being summoned in said world. You got that?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"Good! Now hurry up and make your decision, I'm getting bored," the goddess complained.

She looks like a nice girl, I wonder why she's so bitchy right now.

"I can't believe she told everyone about my pads!" Eris whispered to herself angrily.

Maybe that's why...wait, they're pads?!

"Well being summoned into a fantasy world seems fun," I said.

Suddenly, Eris' eyes lit up. "Really? Oh, thank goodness! You see, not a lot of people have been choosing that option recently, so there's a shortage of adventures as of right now. You're so brave for choosing that option! Or maybe it's because I haven't told you about the dire state that world is in?"

"How encouraging."

"No worries, Oasis Isaki! You'll always have your special ability/weapon with you to help you survive in this cruel fantasy world! Unless someone steals it from you and sells it, of course," Eris snickered.

"Has that happened before?!"

"Hurry up and choose your ability! The reader is getting bored," Eris scolded as she handed me a stack of papers with suggestions.

Ignoring the fourth wall break, I scattered the papers across the floor and looked for one that I wanted. The options varied from cheat abilities, weird quirks, changes to the physical body, OP weapons...

OP weapons! That's it! I need an OP sword or something.

I grabbed the paper off of the ground and handed it to Eris.

"I'd like one of these, please!" I said, unable to contain my excitement.

"O-ohh, double XP huh? Not a lot of people choose this option, actually NO ONE has chosen this option since it's basically nothing compared to the other options," Eris said, confused.

"Huh? Double XP? I must've grabbed the wrong paper. I meant to ask for-"

"Well if that's what you want..." Eris said as she began summoning me into the fantasy world.

"Wait no that isn't what I want-"

"Who am I to judge?" Eris interrupted.

"Pleasewaitthisisamisunderstanding-"

"Good luck to you, brave soul! You'll seriously need it with that ability," Eris smirked.

"A SWORD! I WANTED A SWORD!" I screamed as I was seconds away from being teleported.

"Oh, don't worry! There's a blacksmith in the town you're going to!" Eris smiled as she gave me a thumbs up.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT YOU PADDED CHEST BITCH!" I screamed as the teleportation process completed. I could hear Eris' embarrassed screams fading as I found myself suddenly standing in a semi-busy street.

I looked around this fantasy world. Here I was, in a world that I share with something called the Devil King, with one of the worst abilities that I could've chosen.

Just great.

Author's Note

So I've been working on this for a while. This started off as another fanfic that used (Y/N) and all that, but I wanted to do something different. I was debating if I should use first person POV or third person, so I hope I made the right choice there haha. Please enjoy the rest of this story!