Chapter 8: Dripping

Staring at the night sky gets boring after a while. And cold.

"Let's go," I said, getting up and extending my hand to help Yunyun up as well. "I'm gonna see if the reward for killing that cat thingy is enough to rent a night at the inn."

"Okay," she yawned. She was obviously very tired, probably from using Teleport 3 times in a row. Or because it was almost 1 in the morning.

Either way, the two of us started to make our way to the guild. I had to carry the mugs and the choccy milk syrup (which was supposed to be infinite, maybe I can make some money off of that?) but I didn't really mind. Looking over at Yunyun, it looked like she was going to pass out at any given second.

"You ok?"

Yunyun looked over at me slowly, reinforcing the idea that she was tired as hell. "I don't think I can teleport home. Care if I join you at the inn tonight?"

"Nah, I'd be glad to have you," I said.

"Thank you," she replied, letting out a huge yawn afterwards.

After finally reaching the guild, I collected my sum of Eris and walked to the inn.

I approached the inn keeper, but something about him hit me as...strange. He had green eyes, a facemask on, and some brown hair peeking out from under his hat.

"Um, hello?" I greeted.

"H-hi," the man(?) said back. He sounded like a man trying to do a feminine voice. From then on I'd address them as they, since I just couldn't make an accurate guess on their gender.

"How much is a room?"

They shuffled around a couple of papers, which on closer inspection were all blank, then gave me an answer. "10000 eris."

I already knew how much money I had. I had 50000. Yes, I died for around 500 USD. But that's besides the point. I had an idea.

I looked over at Yunyun, who was only half paying attention to what was going on due to her fatigue.

I took out my money and pretended to count it, mumbling numbers to try and make it look realistic.

"Lucky me, I have exactly 10000 eris. What a coincidence."

I turned to Yunyun. "I guess that means we have to share a room and bed, huh?"

The inn keeper chuckled. They must've known what I was doing.

I turned to Yunyun to make sure I was doing a convincing job. Her eyes were half closed. That's a W.

I slammed the 10000 eris on the table and started towards the stairs to the room. Yunyun went ahead of me, wanting to get in a bed as soon as possible, while I trailed behind.

Right before I was about to head up the stairs to our room, the inn keeper grabbed my shoulder.

I turned around to face them. "Do you need something?"

They shook their head. "I was just wondering if you'd prefer a love hotel instead?"

...

"WHAT?"

What? Did this person really just offer a fucking love hotel to a 14 year old? What the fuck?

...

Should I?

I sighed. "No thank you, that's probably not a good idea."

The inn keeper nodded. "Here's your key, then."