Chapter 2: Yunyun's Rival

"Mr. Isaki."

"Yes, president."

"You understand that the mission I'm about to burden you with is a very important one, Isaki. I doubt you'll answer with anything but words of confirmation, but are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Yes Barack, I'm ready," I confirmed.

"Perfect," Obama said. "Let me give you the run down. You've got to deliver these coffee filters to headquarters. Even if it costs you your life. Do you follow?"

"Bruh."

"Great. Your transport will be here soon. If you're wondering, your transport will be via piggyback ride provided by Don Cheadle."

"Okay," I responded to confirm that I'm listening. I had to contain my excitement, being able to ride Don Cheadle was a honorable pleasure (that sounds weird, doesn't it?)

"As you surely know, the path to headquarters is littered with violent and hostile Peter Griffins. It's best to avoid combat with The Horde. You will not survive." Obama's face saddened after the last sentence of his monologue. It's true, most did not survive The Horde. Including Michelle...

"I'm sorry, Barack."

Barack then spontaneously started barking with a random hiatus of whimpers.

"Excuse me, Barack?"

Just then, the White House (which was the building Obama and I were discussing my mission in) exploded in a ball of flames.

"FUCK!" I jolted awake causing hay to fly everywhere.

What kind of fucking dream did I just have?

"Ruff!"

I looked to my left and saw the puppy that followed me to the stalls from the guild last night.

"Hm? Oh, good morning Oso," I said groggily. Being a huge dog person, the privilege of waking up to an obedient puppy by my side instantly improved my mood that was previously tarnished by the weird Barack Obama dream.

I stretched out my limbs and started to yawn before I cut it off with a loud "ACK" when a piece of hay started to choke me.

Never have I predicted that I'd be sleeping in a stall, one for horses on my first day in a fantasy world.

"Doesn't this town have an inn or something? I barely got any sleep," I complained to myself, petting my new puppy Oso. I've never been good at names, I chose the name Oso purely because that was my old nickname in primary school.

"Oi! Quiet down!" The people in the neighboring stall scolded. "Who ya even talkin' to over there?"

"Sorry!"

After telling Oso something like "be a good boy and wait for me", I left the stalls and took in the sun.

Looking at the sun, I've got maybe 2-3 hours until it's midday. What should I do until then?

Hmm, I guess I'll just walk around town. Get a map of it in my head.

* * *