| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 |

A comfortable, yet hefty silence permeates through the atmosphere for the rest of the trek back to the cottage. Maleficent steals glances at Elenya, a slight smile coming to her lips at the familiar curiosity and delight in the woman's stormy eyes as she admires the Moors. 

Eventually, much to the fae's hidden dismay, the cottage comes into view. Elenya looks up at the floating Aurora and shakes her head fondly. "I never knew you could knock people out so easily. It's quite fascinating." Maleficent somehow manages to shrug gracefully, something Elenya wishes she could copy. "I have many a power that even I don't understand. Would you still consider that fascinating?"

Elenya chuckles softly, lowering her voice to a whisper as they approach Aurora's bedroom window, "Why, of course. Anything in regards to you is fascinating."

Maleficent can't help the timid smile that decorates her face, her heart thumping ever-so-slightly quicker than before. She carefully maneuvers Aurora onto her mattress, pulling the blanket up to her chest as Elenya hops through the window. "You've become bolder over the years", comes the fae's delayed response. 

Elenya, who had just finished kissing her daughter goodnight, walks back to the window, her mouth becoming dry at the beauty that is before her. The moonlight illuminates only half of Maleficent's features, highlighting her pale skin and sharp cheekbone. How her idiotic brother would give her up over a glorified job is beyond her. The blonde gulps when she realizes she's simply been staring at the woman. Luckily, Maleficent's eyes are trained on the sleeping Aurora.

"Well, when you've looked Death themself in the eye, you discover how much time is wasted by something as superficial as fear." Elenya leans her elbows against the windowsill, gazing at her daughter. She can feel Maleficent looking at her, which makes her furrow her brow. Suddenly, she whips her head to the side, pointing an accusatory finger at the fae, "Wait a moment. You've been watching us all these years, haven't you? I could feel your eyes on me, but never could find you."

Maleficent raises her (perfectly sculpted) eyebrow in amusement, "Yes, I have. Did you not hear Aurora refer to me as her...", she inhales deeply,"...fairy godmother?" A beat of silence passes, then Elenya snorts, quickly covering her mouth to stifle her laughter. Maleficent watches her, shaking her head at her clear enjoyment of the god-awful title.

After finally composing herself, Elenya looks at the fae mirthfully. "That's... wonderful." Maleficent rolls her eyes, choosing to focus her attention on Aurora instead of Elenya's teasing stare.

The two women spend a few minutes simply basking in each other's presence, Elenya watching the rise and fall of her daughter's chest, and Maleficent admiring the unadulterated adoration in the woman's eyes. The blonde attempts to hide her yawn from Maleficent, but fails miserably. "It's quite late. Off to bed you go, my dear."

Elenya grins at the endearment, stretching her arms as she stands. Instead of making her way to the door, she stays rooted to her spot, fiddling with the hem of her jacket. Maleficent cocks her head to the side at her demeanor. 

"Is everythi-" "Will I see you again?"

Elenya keeps her gaze steady, locking eyes with Maleficent's widened ones. Despite her previous statement of wasting time on fear, she backtracks, "I-I mean, will we see you again? Aurora would be heartbroken if not." I would be heartbroken.

Maleficent smiles warmly at the blonde's question, noting the anxiety wafting off of her towering frame. "You shall."

She grips her staff tightly at the pure relief that seems to befall Elenya, who scratches her cheek to hide her beaming smile. Nodding, she makes her way to the door, opening it a smidge before turning back to Maleficent. "Goodnight, my Queen", she bows, her ecstatic smile now fond as she meets the fae's unreadable eyes. "Goodnight, Elenya."