| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 |

Elenya makes it to the border of the Moors, relishing in her memories; the good and the bad.

The last time she saw these trees, she had been captured by her people and declared guilty of treason. The only reason she's still alive is that they thought torture was a more fitting punishment than death.

She eagerly steps onto the path she once knew by heart, the familiar scent of higgle-burrows invading her nostrils. She bends down, plucking one out of the ground and bringing it up to her nose.

Suddenly, the ground beneath her rumbles. She turns to look at the movement of large and thorny branches emerging from the ground. She gasps as she realizes a wall is being created. She quickly pulls out the map Queen Leila drew for her, seeing that the cottage is back the way she came.

Elenya holds onto the higgle-burrow tightly as she sprints as fast as she can to the border. The wall continues closing in, getting closer and closer to trapping her within the Moors. She feels her cloak catching the enclosing thorns and ripping.

Just as she thought she wasn't going to make it, she throws herself forward, successfully landing on the outside of the border. She lays on her back, relishing in her escape, but mourning the loss of the Moors.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Finally, after what felt like days, Elenya arrives at the quaint cottage.

She smiles wearily, her feet dragging against the ground. The sounds of the fairies arguing reaches her ears. "Flittle! You bring me the pot, and Thistlewit will bring me the vegetables!"

As Elenya brings her grimy hand up to knock on the door, a certain faery watches as she and her raven friend sit, perched on the branch of a nearby tree.

"Who's that strange individual?", Diaval wonders, looking pointedly at Maleficent. She squints her eyes, trying and failing to recognize the person, due to all the stains and muck. "Shouldn't you prevent them from knocking? They could be... foul."

"They certainly look foul."

Maleficent brings her chin up once the person knocks on the front door. She expects the fairies to send them away once they open the door, but she's disproved when they welcome them with open arms.

They rush them inside, then shut the entrance as Diaval sends Maleficent a perturbed glance.

༻✦༺

"Oh! Girls, she's arrived!", Knotgrass yells out as she sits Elenya in a chair. She carefully removes her tattered cloak and lays it along the back of the chair.

Thistlewit and Flittle trot into the room, grinning. Their smiles quickly drop once they see Elenya's condition.

"It's lovely to see you, but you truly look like a donkey's rear end." Flittle smacks Thistlewit's arm, making her hit her back.

As the two commence a slapping match, Knotgrass rolls her eyes. "Stay still for a moment", she commands, readying her hands.

Elenya raises an eyebrow, intrigued by her actions. Suddenly, she notices specks of dirt rising from her skin, then dissipating in the air. Her once shaggy and unkempt locks of golden hair are evenly cut to a desirably short length and cleaned. She looks down in time to see her clothing return to its untouched and clean state. "And... there! Now she's ready to meet her!"

Elenya tilts her head. "Meet who?"

༻✦༺

Diaval lightly places his hand on Maleficent's shoulder. "I see movement in the child's room."