| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 |

Maleficent, Aurora, and Elenya descend a darkened staircase, the fluttering of Diaval's wings faint enough not to be noticed by those unaware of his presence. The trio inspects the vast and barren room they must pass through to exit the castle. As Aurora whispers to Maleficent, Elenya can't help the goosebumps that rise along her skin in anticipation.

"Are we going back to the Moors now?", the girl asks, receiving an upward tug of Maleficent's lips and her gentle response, "If that is what you wish." Aurora directs her next question to Elenya, "Mum, are you going to live with us?" Elenya turns to look at the two most important people in her life, an immediate smile adorning her face when she notices Maleficent sneak a glance at her. "If that is what you wish", she replies, winking at the fae and earning a playful roll of her eyes.

Maleficent is the first to walk into the room, then Aurora, with Elenya standing behind her protectively. The fae twists to motion for the two behind her to catch up.

The moment Maleficent returns her gaze forward, a loud clang reverberates through the room as if on cue. Maleficent looks up to see a giant iron net dropping toward her. As it lands, Aurora freezes and Elenya shouts the fae's name, sprinting to her side. She sees the angry red of iron searing into Maleficent's skin as she lets out an excruciating scream. Elenya grabs ahold of the net and starts lifting, being joined by Aurora moments later.

The sound of armor clanging and footsteps entering the room is not lost on Elenya, and she turns when they get too close for her comfort. She unsheathes her blade, swinging and shouting at the men closest to her, then runs and shoulders a man who dared lay his hand on Aurora. "Get back!"

Diaval's squawks are heard as he scratches at the helmets of some men, while Elenya continues slashing at the air. Aurora is grabbed by one and Diaval swoops down to peck at his face, causing him to let her go with a grunt. Elenya notices the abundance of men stabbing at the downed Maleficent, bolstering her anger. She shrieks as she rushes them, managing to unarm a few and intimidate the others. She feels a poke in her back and turns to see one man looking at his spear in confusion. She hits him with the hilt of her sword, sending him down.

Suddenly, Diaval transforms into a dragon, striking fear into all of the soldiers as they freeze in terror. Diaval breathes fire above Maleficent, causing the men near her to run or get forced back by the flames. Elenya runs to Diaval's wing, knocking out two of the men before they stab him. As she does so, Diaval bites the iron net and lifts it off of Maleficent, tossing it onto some unsuspecting foes.

Soldiers holding shields attempt to circle Maleficent, but Diaval knocks them away with his head, accidentally knocking a pillar onto the floor. Aurora's frightened cries capture Elenya's attention. "Aurora, run! Go!", she yells, letting out a grateful huff when the girl obeys and runs up a winding staircase.

Elenya continues fighting off the soldiers, but they keep coming. So many with shields that block Diaval's fire, others with spears, stabbing at his large form. Elenya is backed into the middle of the room, joining Maleficent as the shielded soldiers begin to entrap them. She keeps her sword up as she searches for a weak spot in their formation. She cries out for Diaval as she helplessly watches him become ensnared by chains, his mouth being snapped shut and his neck practically on a leash.

Elenya notices the dazed expression on Maleficent's face while she attempts to walk out of the circle, only for her hands to burn at the touch of the iron shields. Elenya runs to her and wraps her arm around her waist, pulling her back to the middle. "Stay with me! I'll keep you safe!" Maleficent's eyes stay glued to Elenya's face as she speaks, worried about her lack of a helmet.

Through the fire, Elenya's heart stops as she sees an iron-clad figure walking nearer and nearer, his hands holding an iron chain and mace, with an axe and sword sheathed on both hips.