| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 |

Elenya gets thrown back into her dungeon cell, her bandaged torso slightly bleeding from the torture she's endured. 

"You truly are a sight for sore eyes, El." 

Groaning from a mixture of pain and annoyance, Elenya practically growls, "What the hell do you want, you dobber?" 

Stefan slowly makes his way to the cell door, facing his sister with a greedy gleam in his eye. "I'm here to tell you that I'm about to be crowned as the King." 

Elenya chuckles, her voice cracking from lack of water as she speaks, "Just because the King's perishing, doesn't mean you're his successor, brother."

"Oh, but it does."

Elenya clumsily sits on the ground, her back against the cool, steel door. "Care to explain to little old me?" Stefan removes his hood, crouching down. "I'm going to avenge the King, and kill Maleficent."

Silence surrounds the two. All of the sudden, Elenya begins laughing hysterically. "You -- you think you can kill Maleficent? Oh, poor Stefan. You truly are delusional." 

Stefan clenches his jaw, gripping the barred door with passion. "I can, and I will." The injured woman shakes her head. "You weren't there, Stef. Her powers are far greater than anything I ever could've imagined. Besides, you... care for her too much. You won't be able to do it."

"Mark my words, El. The next time I come to visit you, there will be a crown resting on top of my head." Stefan stands and quickly exits the dungeon, leaving behind an exhausted Elenya. 

"I'm sure there will be, brother."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

About a week later, Elenya gets a surprise visit from the doctor. She's offered many solutions to ease the pain and quicken the healing. When she asks the doctor why he was sent, she gets her answer quicker than she anticipated.

"Hello again, little sister."

Elenya moves away from the window to glance at Stefan. For a moment, she doesn't notice anything different. Then, the clothing on his body stops her in her tracks. Elenya's eyes slowly trail up his form, noting every inch of expensive fabric, every jewel, and finally, the crown sitting atop his head.

"Stefan..."

"That's King Stefan to you", he says in a teasing voice. He chuckles at his own joke and turns in a circle, showing off his royal garments. He moves closer to Elenya's cell to allow her a closer look, but he doesn't expect to have her reach out and grab him by the collar, pulling him into the cell door. 

"What the hell did you do, coxcomb?!" 

"I already told you what had to be done. Now let me go, fiend!" The woman feels her bones turn to gelatin as she lets go of her brother and slides onto her bruised knees. 

Stefan moves away, fixing his collar and crown. "That's no way to talk to your King, inmate."

"Please, tell me you didn't..."

Stefan hears the quiver in his baby sister's voice. He wants to lie to her and tell her that she's dead, he wants to keep it a secret that he didn't avenge the King, but something inside him just can't. Perhaps the small bit of good that's still holding on.

"No, of course not. She's alive, Elenya. You were right." At that, the imprisoned woman shakily stands. Tears had begun running down her face, now from relief instead of sorrow. 

"Oh, thank the heavens." She wraps her arms around herself as she basks in the news. Although, something lurks in the back of her mind. A certain curiosity.