| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 |

It's been a week since Elenya arrived at the cottage.

She spends as much time with Aurora as she can, primarily because she's her niece, but also because she reminds her of the good part of Stefan, wherever that might have gone.

Oh, and because the fairies aren't exactly cut out for parenthood.

Elenya finishes pulling her shirt over her head as she walks through the threshold of the front door. She watches, amused, as the fairies try to stop Aurora from crying by giving her full-grown vegetables.

"Oh, wow", she chuckles lowly, catching their attention, and Flittle is the first one to speak.

"We don't know why she won't stop! I know that when I was a wee changeling, I loved plants!"

"Yes, but she's also not a fairy. Knotgrass, do you have anything that makes a racket and isn't harmful? Oh, also make sure it's small enough for her to hold."

The fairy in question trots back into the cottage, returning with a small, round ball full of rice. She carefully hands it to Aurora, who firmly grasps it and shakes it around. Her cries soon turn to giggles as the fairies all exhale a breath of relief.

"How did you know that would work?"

She shrugs her shoulders, slightly wiggling the baby's foot, "I used to babysit children when I was a youth myself. I suppose it paid off in more than just coins."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The sun has already set, and the moon shines down on Elenya's black cloak as she walks up the familiar path. She grunts as she shifts the pile of logs in her arms.

The cottage comes into view, and she can hear Aurora wailing. As she walks closer, she expects her crying to stop since the fairies are home. When it doesn't, she becomes slightly worried. Well, really worried. Worried enough for her to accidentally drop the logs on her foot, and for her to limp-jog her way into the fairies' bedroom.

When she opens their door, she hears Aurora immediately stop weeping. She calms down, grateful that one of the fairies awoke.

Except, instead of seeing a fairy as she expected, she sees the same crow from before feeding her a flower and gently rocking her crib.

The blonde freezes in the doorway, hoping to not catch the animal's attention as she watches in awe.

Is she actually a raven-whisperer?

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Aurora claps her hands together excitedly as Elenya finishes changing her diaper.

"You know, you really have the most dastardly poops, fiend", the ex-knight voices as she holds her in her arms. The baby grabs her hair and tugs it.

"Matter of fact, you aren't an ordinary baby. You're the one and only Aurora!" She spins in circles as the girl laughs wildly.

"Mama!"

Elenya stops abruptly.

Her eyes grow wide as she realizes Aurora spoke her first word. Then, a smile slowly creeps onto her face once she registers what the word was.

Before she can congratulate her, thunder sounds from the kitchen. Aurora and Elenya both jump, confused by the sudden storm. What puzzles Elenya, even more, is the absence of rain outside.

She looks at the floor once she feels her feet getting wet. She then feels raindrops on her head. Out of nowhere, rain begins pouring down on the two girls. The infant giggles gleefully as Elenya rushes towards the back exit, quickly opening it and sprinting into the green field.