Broken Promises

I'm in an angsty mood so I will give you guys angst. But I'm not mean so I'll give you angsty fluff :) also!TW CHILD ABUSE!

Rolling out of bed that morning was rough for you, for you had to go pick up your baby from Katsuki's house. Throwing on jeans, and an oversized shirt, tying your curly hair into some sort of mangled ponytail, you sighed.

Things with Katsuki were rocky, to say the least. Hopping in the car, you drove to his house. After knocking a couple of times you heard your baby crying. Realizing that Katsuki's car wasn't there panic was felt throughout your frame.

You kicked the door down, coming face to face with the Woman Katsuki calls his fiance, As she lays another punch on the 6-year-old girl.

"Get the hell away from my daughter!" You screamed dragging her.

"Mommy! I'm happy see you! She hurt me!" The baby sobbed. Hearing your baby sound so scared broke your heart. That alone was enough ammo for you to deliver a punch that knocked the slimy bitch unconscious.

Aulani ran into your eyes sobbing hysterically. You looked at her the bruises forming on her small body. "It's okay baby, mommy's here. I got you. You're never coming over here again I promise." You heard someone step into the house. looking up you saw Bakugo staring in shock at the scene.

"What the hell happened here? I was gone for 15 minutes!" He looked angrily at you before realizing the bruised shaking toddler, your protective aura, and his knocked out fiance before piecing it together.

He quickly tried to rush to your side but you stopped him. "Don't come near me or her! How could you be so blind you idiot?! We've both told you and brushed it off, and I'm done. Our baby is scared. The only reason I let her come over here is that she needs a dad. But maybe she doesn't after all. You aren't much of one anyway."

His face became pained as your words sunk in. After all, you were right.

"Y/n I...I'm sorry, I should've believed you, I shouldn't have ignored it all-"

"Katsuki shut the hell up. I'm suing to take full custody of Aulani. Either that or you get rid of her." You said pointing to the Knocked out woman sprawled on the floor.

"I'll get rid of her I swear just please...please, don't take my baby away from me." He pleaded tears brimming his eyes.

"If you can prove that you can actually be a father, Then maybe I won't take you to court. Until then, I'll be working on the papers." You glared, storming out of the home.

***

When you got home Todoroki was waiting for you outside, which was a surprise. He was holding flowers and seemed kind of nervous. It reminded you of how he was in high school.

Since you guys worked together, It was easy to see how much he'd grown since then, and You'd grown quite fond of him.

"Hey, Shoto! Have you been waiting long?" He shook his head.

"No, not long." He handed you the flowers, taking the toddler from your arms. He'd grown quite a bit too, which he teased you about since you used to be the taller one.

"So what's up?" You asked smiling up at him.

"I just needed to tell you something is all." He seemed nervous again.

"Alright well come in, you can tell me over coffee." He nodded placing Aulani in the bed. She'd fallen asleep around 1. Sitting across from each other on the couch, you smiled again. "So what's up?"

He took a deep breath, "I thought this would be easier since we're adults," he chuckled "But um, I like you y/n...I want you to be my girlfriend." He said looking into your eyes. "I know Aulani isn't my daughter, But I'll even step up as a dad, and be better than mine ever was. I'll be the best dad to her. I promise." He said confidently.

Your smile never faltered as you bought him in for a hug. "I'll be your girlfriend Icy-hot." You giggled. He sighed in relief embracing you as well. "I think Aulani would love to have you as her dad."

***

Months had passed and Bakugo had left his shitty Fiance. You dropped the case against him, With some persuasion from Shoto. You never told him that you and Shoto got together because It was honestly none of his business.

Driving with Shoto to his house to pick up Aulani, You were relaxed. "You want me to get her?" He questioned.

"Nah, I got her." You got out slowly approaching the door. knocking a couple of times, He answered, looking happy.

"Hey, y/n" He smiled.

"Hey Bakugo." you'd gotten used to saying his last name since it didn't feel right to call him Katsuki anymore.

"That's not your car." He observed.

"Oh yeah, Shoto came with me." Upon hearing his name, Aulani popped up with her bag, grinning.

"Daddy Shoto's here too?!" She squealed. You nodded smiling down at her. He was leaning against the car, and she ran to him. You watched as the Bicolored man picked up the toddler, spinning her around.

"What the hell does she mean daddy Shoto?! I'm her only dad!" He yelled angrily.

"Well, Shoto and I have been together for a while now. He's been a great father to her, and never put her in harm's way." You put emphasis on the last part causing Bakugo to clamp his mouth shut. "Trust me, I'm thrilled you're putting my baby first, but you should've been doing that from the start."

"So that's why she calls me daddy suki." A look of shame hung on his face. "I could've had a family-"

"And you let a skank ruin it." you turned walking away, leaving Katsuki to cry on his porch. That day he didn't just lose the woman he loved, He lost his daughter too.