Deaf

Hi babies! this is going to be based on a headcanon I have and it is kinda sad sooo fair warning. The next couple of one-shots will also be based on headcanons as well and not all of them will be sad!

You and Katsuki were sitting on the couch one day, and you guys were just cuddling. You look over and see Katsuki staring at the TV intensely tears welling in his eyes.

"Katsuki what's wrong?" You say softly but he ignores you continuing to stare at the TV. You wave your hand in front of his face, and he looks to you tears now streaming down his face. He grabs his ears harshly, pulling on them slightly.

"I-I can't hear you! I cant hear! I-" he sobs repeating the same thing.

He couldn't hear you.

Tears swelled in your eyes as realization dawned on you. You both knew that he'd go deaf one day, but that doesn't mean you were ready for the day to come. You brought him into your arms letting him cry.

You had both learned sign language for when it happened so, you made him sit up. You wiped his eyes and signed to him.

'It'll be okay. We'll go to the doctor tomorrow okay?'

'what if they can't help?'

'we can still communicate'

'But I can't hear you.'

He started to sob again, angrily wiping his tears away. He storms off to your shared bedroom and lays his head on the pillow just hoping the doctors can do something just so he can hear your voice again.

***

The next day you take Bakugo to the doctor and they use sign to explain what happened.

'Since your quirk is explosions, using them so often over time has caused your hearing to be impaired. Luckily we can give you hearing aids to help you hear but it is suggested that you stop using the explosions to prevent further damage.'

'I have to retire?!'

"If you want to keep hearing then yes.'

You knew how much Katsuki loved his job. It had been nearly 20 years though, and retirement didn't seem too bad.

'You could go back and Teach at UA Katsuki?' He perked up at that prospect, nodding his head excitedly.

***

Once he was fitted and given his hearing aids he'd ask you to sing to him non-stop because he was just glad to hear your voice. He'd ask you to tell him stories just to hear you talk. He also just wanted to make sure he could still hear at all.

He did go to teach at UA and really enjoys it. He sees himself in some of the kids and feels a sense of proudness.

Honestly, He's just glad he can still hear, and so are you.