1

".... It was never personal."

Bullshit

_________________________________________

𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅.
1981

You open your eyes, getting almost being blinded by the white lights. There was a pain in you're stomach. The events that caused it still played in your soar head. It smells like bleach, and oddly, old people. The beep of a heart monitor could be faintly heard. An IV bag was flowing to your wrist. While deciding to pull it out or not, your focus changes to the sudden voice coming from outside the wooden door.

"The surgery was successful, she should be waking up anytime now. "

"Thanks doctor, I'll just change her IV then. "

"Hey, be careful, you don't know if the person shot her for a good reason. "

'You and me both brother' you thought to yourself

"Don't worry about me Howard, you get back to work now" She said with a chuckle

soon after the door opened, you didn't make any move to show her you're awake, not knowing if the women could be trusted. It's quite hard to tell these days. peering at her through your eyelashes you saw She had opened up a container that was set on the small table by the window. Looked like she pulled out a new IV bag. Probably to do the shit she just said she was gonna do. The lady came up to your left side and pulled the needle and tape out of your wrist. Right after, you grabbed her arm giving her a scare. Not your problem as you put a hand over this lady's mouth to muffle the scream. This action made the pain in your stomach increase. Fuckin adler, you wanted to know why, why even after you saved literally the word for him, he still tried to kill you. And why he didn't finish the fucking job.
'Coward'
No, you have bigger problems right now.

"I'm gonna remove my hand now. " You did so

"Now where the fuck am I, and how did I get here? " Keeping your words monotone

"I- you're at a hospital! "
She basically cried, she was scared. Pathetic

"Oh really, I couldn't tell. Where at woman!" The sarcasm was unnecessary, but so was her not calming down

When you removed your grip on her arm she started to back away into the table

"Reno, um, Nevada"

"America" You whispered, you where confused at this point "how did I get here? " You looked up at her

"I don't know some guy just dropped you off, h-he said you needed help and left. " She was stumbling over her words

"So you stitched me up? " You raised an eyebrow at her

"Well not me personally, uh you had poorly done bandaging when you got here, the bullet was even still there"

'That explains why I didn't bleed out on my way to fuckin AMERICA!  how did I get here. Did adler send me here? It doesn't make sense.'

"Okay then , where is my shit. "

"Oh! It's out in the hallway let me go get it"

'Liar'

"Sure it is" You watched her run out the door, pulling up your scrubs type shirt to see a bandage on your stomach as soon as she left the room
You stood up to get a better look around the place. Instantly regretting this decision you felt the pain increase again and grabbed onto the side of the bed. Soon catching a steady stride you walked around the room, looking at possible ways to get out if need be.