8.

"Bell? " Frank Woods had called out to you from down the hallway, and soon jogged up next to you making you stop walking. "What are you doing? "

You thought for a moment

'What am I doing'

"I don't.. know, Woods" You wealkly peered up at him to see he was already looking down at you. He seemed to understand and he figured you didn't want to talk about it right now. Quite an accurate assumption.

"Well.. " He suddenly got the biggest smirk on his face "how'd ur date with Adler go? "

"What!.... It wasn't a date, dingus... " You glared at him and playfully pushed his shoulder away

He started laughing of course "yeeeaahh right.. Anyway I just came out to pee, but me and Mason are watching 'gremlins' if you want to join?"

Suddenly you feel anxious again, you feel the need to get out as the walls started to close in.

"Um no I'm, gonna go get some air-, talk to you later. " You rushed away, leaveing him in a fit of confusion.

"O-ok" You heard him say out behind you "if you ever need anything you can come to me! "

He was sweet, but you have a bigger problem on your mind.

You where outside, and for a moment you felt like you could breathe, but that was soon disturbed by the intense stare from the middle aged man leaning his head up against his seat. You locked eyes with him as you slowly walked to the car, and with a long sigh you had entered and sat down.

The air was suffocating, the kinda feeling you'd do anything to get out of. He took the initiative to speak first "I - I'm s- " You had cut him off before he could

"Shut up."you tried to collect your rampaging thoughts to figure out what to start with.

"I'm sorry, I- believe it or not, I don't....want you to die. And... And if it were the other way, I would have done the same thing to save all those people, so I dont, blame you for that. "
You really didn't, to save the world from the mass bomb threat, on the right side, you wouldn't hesitate.

"Bell, I don't deserve that. " He spoke softly. Maybe he did want you to hate him.

"Don't interrupt me. Despite this...I hate that, you got close to me, I hate that you made me think we-" You stopped abruptly to think about what you where really about to say, thinking you didn't want to be resented even more. But, it wouldn't matter, you knewhe would kill you at the end of all this anyway. Maybe it was better in the meantime to get it all of your chest. For your mental well being, anyway."-We might be more than friends" You said it, and you physically winced at the words, turning so you couldn't view his reaction.

Yet you continued anyway

"I hate that I feel like you are the only one who could even understand just a shred ....of what I feel, or don't feel. Honestly, I mostly hate myself..for not being able to hate you. " You looked towards him, to see his blue eyes already looking back at you. His sunglasses where on the dashboard so this was all a bit more intense then it needed to be.

You explored his features for a moment, he looked, almost confused? Maybe it was relief... Either way you noticed the way the moonlight reflected on the indents in his skin, and you had to fight the urge to reach out and touch it.

"And you're not.... Ugly, actually. " You had mumbled and looked at your hands, messing with the fabric of your coat. But after hearing him chuckle, very, very, quietly, you look up. This time he was giving you a soft look. Made you want to melt, but you also wanted to shoot yourself for feeling that way.

"If I could take, all of it back, I would. No hesitation. We would find another way. And I'm really sorry we didn't, and that it all went down this way. " He spoke a bit slow, like he was trying to make you understand.

"I know" The words had left your mouth barely a whisper.

He had turned his head a bit, still staring in to your soul. Not in a creepy way though. He was holding back, he wanted to say something and you could tell, so your dared to ask.

"What is it Russell" Still a whisper, but he could feel is chest tingle a little at the way you said his name. Something that hasn't happened before. Or maybe it had and he just didn't want to recognize it.

He was feeling conflicted. He wanted to ask you to start over, to move past everything. Maybe one day he'd let you in. But to him that was foolish, something he felt could never happen considering the history between you two, not to mention all his own demons. He didn't think he could ever come to deserve any form of a decent relationship with you either way. He could only dream.

"It's... Been a long day, and we have work in the morning. We should uh, get some sleep. " His reply had left you slightly disappointed. But you weren't even sure if you expected anything different. He was still him. But you could tell there was still more. Looking towards the desert safe house, you decided to leave it be.

"Right. I will.. See you in the morning, I suppose. " You breathed out and looked back over at him. He was looking down towards his hands. "Don't sleep in your car" After you noticed he was smirking a bit you smiled and got out of the car.

Walking back up to your room, that mysterious "Katya" Bumped into you.

"Bell.... What where you outside for? " She questioned you, made you feel uneasy.

"I don't think that's any of your concern" You raised your eyebrow

"You don't trust me? Aren't we a team? " She spoke innocently, but that didn't fool you for a second

"What exactly is it that you do here. " Knowing she's not who she says she is made you frustrated. Mostly at yourself for not being able to remember. Even if you never do, you had at this moment, made it your mission to find out what exactly she is up to.

"As I've said, I just want to help. I have some connections outside the US government, and that makes me useful, too Mr. Adler. Not to mention my grudge. " You had rolled your eyes at the formality, and looked down the hallway longing to leave, then back at her

"Right." Speaking half-assedly and turning to walk away, she spoke again stopping you.

"Hey" She spoke softly "I am not, who you think I am... " Maybe she was right.

Maybe there was some truth to her words, but could you trust her?

"I'd rather trust my gut..... Katya" And with that, you trecked off, staying in your own thoughts until the next morning.

_________________________________________

1191 words

HI. I'd like to apologize that this took so damn long, life has been a butt munch lately so it was hard to find the time and energy to rack my brain and make this.

Anyway thank you for all the wonderful comments, and still sticking around and taking the time to read this.

AAAHHH WHO IS KATYA THO, AM I RIGHT ☠️☠️

Consider voting, if you want or enjoyed

AND TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS
IT DOESN'T JUST HAVE TO BE ABOUT THIS BOOK EITHER YOU CAN TELL ME ANYTHING😁😊😊

feel free to message me to

and I love yoouuu ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤍🖤

Have a fantastic day! MAKE SURE YOU EAT!!

          -Mick