10.

You had absolutely no idea what to do. You so badly wanted to scream for Russell, but you knew she would have blood dripping from your throat in seconds if you made a peep.

You began to breathe heavier, and heavier.

'Sister... '

A sharp pain in the back of your head came out of nowhere.

Memories flooded in, overcrowding your, at the moment, brittle state of mind.

It felt like an overpowered stone castle finally coming to it's downfall, crumbling into nothing but suffocating clouds of dust.

And then there was nothing

You had been once again, left completely alone, suffering in your own head.

You just sat there. You watched your mother die.

You could have helped her, that's what the girl hitting and screaming at you on your side wanted.

But that's not what you wanted.

Why?

Was it because she had allowed your drunk of a father to force himself onto you, Beat you, destroy everything about you....

You knew he did the same to her. But never to Katya, you made sure of that. He had hit her once when you weren't around. But it was nothing too serious.

One day, your mother could not take it anymore. You would never forgive her for leaving the two of you with him. Things only got worse after that, of course.

But when you had turned 18, a man had offered you a way out. You had a choice to stay with your stister or join the Russian military.

You had spent many years after that with Perseus, as some sort of apprentice. You thought the mission was for the greater good, that's what he had led you on to believe, for 7 years. He just wanted to destroy the world from his own selfish need to be in power, and he used you to help him get there.

And he just replaced you with her... Is that what Adler was doing as well?

'Yeah.....Unimportant'

"Don't do this Katya.. We where both with him for years. You have to know what he's doing is wrong. "

You attempted to reason with her as your hands went around her forearms

"Oh dear, don't try to seem like the 'good guy' now. I have been waiting for this moment my entire life, this has nothing to do with Perseus. "

Grunting, you had forced her arms forward while your body went back, and you slipped out of her Weak grip.

With a knife no longer pressed against your neck, you hastily turned around to grab her right arm that was coming to stab you.

"Get over yourself, I did nothing to you!"

"You took my mother from me! Then you left me with our father! how can you say that's nothing" She pushes forward landing you on the couch, she got on top continuing trying to drive the knife into your cheek.

"Her choise was not my fualt, and what the fuck was I supposed to do! I couldn't stay, he raped me! And he would have killed me, and it's not like the two of us were all, buddy-buddy anyway. You hated me, and you made that pretty clear. "  To distract her, you kicked her between the legs and rolled off the couch. Before you could brace for Impact you were now on top of her with a knife in your arm.

Both of you winced, you a little more considering there was a knife in your arm.

"You think he wouldn't have killed me, selfish bitch" She went to yank the knife out of your arm but you had jolted back. Quickly trying to push her down while standing up, you looked at the knife trying to decide if bleeding out was worth killing her or not.