Chapter 15: the babysitter

Peter p.o.v

Today was the day. I had to go to work again. I did not like it to let my little girl be in the hands of a stranger. But Julia and I both had to go to work. We had found this sweet girl, named Anna, who wanted to earn some extra money to pay her college tuition.

The doorbell rang. I headed downstairs to let Anna inside. I opened the door and there she was. "You must be Anna." I said to the blond-haired girl.

"Yes, indeed and you must be Mr. Dolivo." She said with a smile.

I copied her smile and let her in. "My wife is upstairs getting Lexi ready. Please follow me to show you around. So here is the kitchen, where we have Lexi's schedule on the fridge. Its nothing too important. It only says when she normally eats and sleeps. Also, when she allowed to watch tv. We don't want her to be too dependent on any device to calm her down or keep her entertained."

The smile never left her face as she said, "Of course sir. I will make sure that doesn't happen."

"Good and I see my wife and daughter are ready." Anna turned around and saw Julia with Lexi on her hip entering the kitchen.

"Is everything set?" Julia asked.

"Yes, I believe so." I answered my wife. "Oh, before I forget, our numbers are on the fridge as well. Now, I think its time to go honey." We both left to our work. I could not wait to get back to my girl.

Lexi p.o.v

Daddy and mommy left. Why did they leave? They can not leave me alone with this girl. I want mommy and daddy.

"So where shall I put you?" The girl smile had left her face and was now filled with annoyance. "Let's put you in your playpen. Hopefully you won't disturb me from there." She picked me up, much to my disliking.

I started to fuss around in her arms. "Stop that!" She yelled at me. Only I did not stop. I did not want to be in her arms. Suddenly I felt a slap against my legs. It hurt. As she put me in the playpen I started to cry. "Mommy! Daddy!"

"Oh will you shut it!" The girl yelled at me. I stopped crying for my mommy and daddy, but I could not stop my sobbing. Mommy and daddy would never do this to me.

My playpen was boring. Nancy was not here as well. Again, I started to whine. The girl, Anna, did not pay any attention to me. I whined and whined to get out of the playpen. Unfortunately, she did not let me.

Soon I did not have the energy to try to get her attention. I played with the few toys that were in the pen. When I had messed my diaper, I started to whine again. I did not like this feeling. It started to itch and later hurt. "Diapy wet." I said to her. "Diapy wet."

When I did not quit my whining, Anna picked me up and put me in my crib. She had pushed my paci in my mouth and left me again. I again tried to get her attention to let her know I felt uncomfortable, only to be met by silence again.

I did not know for how long I was there, but I had messed my diaper for the second time. I tried to keep myself busy with Nancy, but the burning feeling was not nice.

After a long time, I had fallen asleep and was woken up by the girl Anna.

"Let's get this over with." She quickly changed my diaper and after that she fed me. Then she had put me in front of the television and watched with me, like we were together all day.

A short time after that I heard daddy. "Daddy!"

"Hello there sweetie, you had a good day with Anna?" He had picked me up and I buried my face into his neck.

"I hope she was not difficult?" Daddy asked Anna.

"No, she was a real princess and was really nice to me. I would love to stay a bit longer, but I have to study for my exam." Anna told daddy. Well, I did not mind for her to leave. I did not like her.

"Oh of course, once again thank you for watching over our little girl."

"No problem," and with that she finally left.

The next day daddy and mommy had to leave again. No, this could not happen again. I did not want Anna again. I want daddy and mommy. "No daddy! No leave!" I clung onto him like a monkey.

"We will back before you know it Lexi. Now be my good girl and be nice to Anna." Hearing that name made me whine even more. "No Anna!" I yelled.

"Lexi! That is not something nice to say." Daddy scolded me. Only I did not care. "No like Anna!"

"Lexi! There is no need for this bad behaviour. We will be back in a couple of hours. Now be good." Mommy said stern.

"Mommy!" I held my arms out to her. She took me from daddy. "One hug and than mommy and daddy have to go." I heard daddy letting Anna in.

Third person p.o.v

Peter let Anna in as he said, "Lexi had this morning a hard time with us leaving, so if she is a bit whiny you know why." They both walked to Julia and Lexi.

"That is alright Mr. Dolivo. I know young children find it hard to be separated from their parents." Anna took Lexi in her arms from Julia, not to her liking, but she had to keep her mask on. Showing how much she loved the little brat.

After a quick goodbye, the married couple left their house. As Peter and Julia stood on their driveway Peter started to have doubts. "Honey, should we get a different babysitter?"

Julia sighed. "Peter, Lexi is only acting this way because she does not want us to leave her. Give it some time, okay?" Peter agreed and the couple shared a quick kiss before they departed.

Meanwhile in the house Lexi had already received two swats on her legs from Anna because she did not stop her crying out for her parents.

Anna was already quite irritated because her boyfriend had ignored her for several days and now, she had to deal with a whiny toddler. Anna did not think twice and put Lexi straight into her crib. She again texted her boyfriend until she got a text from her crush. He wanted to meet.

She knew it was wrong to invite the guy in the parent's home of the girl she had to watch over, but right now she was pissed so she agreed to meet with him. The boy came over and they had quite some fun together.

Meanwhile little Lexi was silently crying in her crib. Her diaper was full, and she was hungry. "Mommy, daddy." She cried out. First it was a soft whisper but soon it became loud cries for her parents.

Just when Anna had the boy where she wanted him to be, his lips touching hers, she heard the little girl. Lexi's cries made it difficult for her to keep concentrated on the boy in front of her. "Sorry babe, one minute." Anna excused herself and walked upstairs.

She was furious as the little girl had paused her fun time. "You little brat." She hissed. Anna put Lexi to her feet in the crib and gave her five hard swats on the little girl's legs. "Now be quiet." Lexi nodded her head and indeed remained quiet.

Anna was with her head in the clouds as she spent time together with her crush. But it was precisely that reason why she completely forgot the time. In a half hour Peter would be home. Shit, she thought.

Anna quickly ushered the boy out of the house, changed Lexi's diaper and fed her. When she was done, she put a colour book in front of Lexi and pretended she had drawn with the little girl as Peter entered the house.

Lexi saw her daddy entering the living room and cried out for the man. "Daddy!" Peter took his daughter in his arms and kissed her head. "Hello sweetheart, missed daddy?" Lexi nodded her head as he buried herself into his chest.

"Thank you for keeping an eye on Lexi. In here you will find your money." Peter gave an envelope to Anna which she took with her greedy hands. "Thank you Mr. Dolivo, I will take my leave. Have a good day!"

Peter wanted to put Lexi down, but the little girl did not let him. "No daddy. Daddy stay." Peter could not help but to laugh. "Daddy won't leave, sweetie. But I understand you need some cuddles."

Peter sat down on the couch with Lexi leaning against his chest as she held onto her daddy like her life depended on it. Never did she want to see that horrible Anna again.