Her Aquarium

"No..." Mary gasped, falling on her knees on the icy floor of the student council office, hot tears spilling down her pale face. "This- I'm not-" 

"Shh," interrupted the student council president, grasping the blonde's chin and making her look at her blue, loathsome, merciless eyes. "You've fallen, Mary Saotome. begging won't pay off the seventy million yen over your head. So accept it. Resign yourself to your fate. Don't torment yourself by trying to fight it. Give up."

"No!" Mary shouted with all her might, getting back on her feet. "I-I'm not letting you."

Kirari wickedly smiled at her response and walked over to her aquarium, tracing a slender finger across the cold, polished glass. 

"Mary," she paused. "this academy, my academy, is a cycle. It's an- it's an order. An aquarium, if you will. The weakest, feeblest fish get swallowed while the strongest, smartest, most vigorous ones rule over them," Kirari turned over, staring at Mary's quivering figure before slowly walking towards her.

"You," she said, her smile slowly fading. "You've lost. You've been swallowed. You didn't pay your debt on the deadline. It's simple, follow your life plan, surrender to your fate. Now, be a good girl and get out of my office. I have a conference to attend to."