Euphoria

[seven days later]

Mary walked over to Yumeko's house with her textbooks in hand.

Their relationship had grown a lot since what happened a week ago. It was awkward at first, waking up in each other's grasp and all. But after they started talking to each other, it was as if an imaginary rope tied them together.

for the first time, Yumeko found someone she felt safe with and Mary's protectiveness of her just grew.

Yumeko's constant ramblings about her previous gambles and anything that came to mind became a regular part of Mary's day, and she was ashamed to admit that it was quite cute.

She knocked on Yumeko's door for what seemed like the thousandth time that week. After a few brief moments, a familiar face opened the door.

"Mary?" Yumeko asked as she rubbed her eyes from tiredness. "What are you doing here?"

Mary tilted her head. "The project, remember?"

"Oh, that. Alright then, come in."

Mary walked inside Yumeko's house and customarily went up the stairs to her room.

She put her backpack on the floor and plopped onto Yumeko's bed, staring at the ceiling. it wasn't long until Yumeko went through the door before also exasperatingly throwing herself on the bed.

They sat in silence, letting the cold air hit their skin.

-

"This is getting us nowhere," Mary said after twenty minutes or so as she sat up from the bed, squinting her eyes at the clock.

"You know what?" Yumeko started, standing up. "I'll make some tea. Wait here, okay?"

She started walking towards the door but felt a sharp pain on her foot before tripping over and falling on the wooden floor.

Mary immediately stood up as well, going on her knees. "You're so clumsy."

"No, I'm really okay-" Yumeko spoke as she started to sit up. However, as if mary's knees suddenly turned to jelly, she fell on top of Yumeko with her head in between her elbows, which was the only thing preventing their faces from clashing.

"Shit, sorry," Mary chuckled nervously right before her eyes landed on Yumeko's face.

Mary felt her worries disappear into the null she stared into the depths of her eyes. They were so close together, to the point where mary could see every small detail on Yumeko's gorgeous face. Only then she realized how symmetrical it really was, how her eyes were so perfectly shaped, how cute her nose was, and how soft her lips looked. 

illegally soft.

"Can I kiss you-?" Yumeko didn't let mary finish her sentence, as she fervently connected her lips with hers.

Mary's hands explored the crevices of Yumeko's body, and everything disappeared around them as they drowned in elation. It all just fell away, and the only thing that was relevant was each other's essence.

Mary could feel how fast Yumeko's heart was beating as she brushed her blonde locks out of her face before deepening the kiss. She trailed her fingers towards Yumeko's chin, lightly grasping it. the simple graze of Mary's fingers against her skin made the butterflies in her stomach multiply as their lips moved like they were molded to be together. However, mary pulled away when Yumeko started to insert her tongue into her mouth.

Mary giggled, "you're cute."

After a few moments, she looked as if she just realized what she had done and snapped out of her dominance. "I- I'll see you at school tomorrow," she stuttered with a nervous smile before frantically getting up, taking her backpack from Yumeko's chair. With one last glance at the bamboozled Yumeko who was still on the floor, she left the room.

author's note;

this is badly written i'm so sorry smfdkjhfjlf