Chapter 3 - The Dawn Treader

Hey guys!! Surprise update to celebrate three things: 5k on the first book, 100 votes on the first book, and 20 followers!! All of which are fantastic milestones.
Thank you so so much to all of you :)
Enjoy!
~~~
Althea's POV

We reach the port late the next morning. I had fallen asleep while we traveled which only left me sore and more tired than I was before. I should've waited until we got here to sleep like Caspian said, he would know better with all the traveling he does. Caspian looks exhausted, he hasn't slept in days, but I'm still rushed with a happy feeling every time I look at him. I felt like I was going to burst when I saw him back at Trufflehunter's hollow.

"Welcome, your majesty. I am Drinian, captain of the Dawn Treader." A raspy voice snaps me out of my daze. A bald man stands at the edge of the port city with a dozen men behind him, all looking like they lived their entire lives at sea.

I'm standing right beside Caspian, nervously fiddling with Detrier's reins because Drinian's men are staring at me critically.

"Please, just call me Caspian." He says, shaking hands with the captain.

Drinian leads us through the small city, the people paying no mind to us. It's refreshing to be somewhere no one recognizes us so they treat you like every other person that passes through. Drinian and Caspian walk in front discussing the Lone Islands and his goal to find the Seven Lords of Telmar.

The smell of rancid fish hits my nose, making me gag.

"You'll get used to it." Reep grins up at me with amusement glinting in his eyes.

"It's disgusting."

"I used to think so too, but once you're out on the waves it won't bother you so much." He explains.

"I didn't know you used to sail."

"It was a long time ago and it was with a band of pirates, not sailors."

The smell of fish and saltwater becomes even stronger as we arrive at the docks. The vast stretch of lively blue ocean in front of me is breathtaking, I can see why my aunt wanted to come here. My eyes catch on a massive green, red, and gold ship that's shaped like a dragon crossed with a sea serpent. That must be the Dawn Treader. It's really quite amazing the closer we get to it, I've never seen a ship this magnificent before.

Caspian turns back around and motions for his small band of men to gather around.

"Half of you will be returning to the castle, the rest of you will be joining Drinian's crew. No one will judge you if you want to leave." The men do as they're told and split up. One group is vastly smaller than the other, maybe ten or eleven men.

"We've all had experience on boats before your majesty. We'll happily accompany you to the Lone Islands." A tall and bulky black minotaur says from the smaller group.

"Thank you, Tavros," Caspian says, patting him on the back.

Before the other group leaves, I hand one of them the reins to Destrier and give him explicit instructions to take him back to the castle and make sure he's taken care of. The man smiles kindly and tells me he will. I give my horse a quick pat on the shoulder before returning to Caspian's side.

The men start to board the ship, climbing up the steep wooden ramp onto the deck. Drinian looks at me skeptically and glances down at the long dress I'm wearing. Caspian's eyes shine with laughter as I pull up the hem of my dress, just enough to walk up the ramp without having to worry about it. When I reach the top, the men on deck who are attending to various tasks pause to stare at me. I suppose it's not normal for women to go out to sea.

Once everyone is aboard, Drinian shows Caspian and I to a small private room, then leaves to direct the men about setting off. There's a small round table in the center of the room, a large bed in the corner, and a huge window that looks out from the back of the boat. I dump my bag and cloak on the table, Caspian does the same with his sword. Peter's sword to be exact, well at least it used to be his.

I feel Caspian's hands snake around my waist and he slowly turns me around to face him. His breath mingles with mine for only a second before his mouth crashes into mine and I instantly respond. His moves an arm to wrap across my back, pulling my body into his while his other hand holds my neck, making me kiss him harder. My fingers tangle in his long hair. I can feel his heart racing. His hands slide down under my thighs and pull my legs up against either side of his waist, making me sit on the small table behind me. They move back up to my face, leaving trails of heat, while mine grab fists full of his shirt. I can feel that things are starting to get heated so I pull away, both of us breathing heavy.

"Sorry." I gasp. "I-"

He cuts me off with a quick peck on the lips, then one of my nose. Laughter bubbles up in my throat as he covers my face with ticklish kisses.

"Caspian! Stop!" I say, trying to push him away.

"No." He grins.

"I'm too tired, let me be!"

"Alright fine." He plants one last kiss on my forehead then pulls away and collapses on the bed in the corner.

"I'm exhausted." He says all muffled because his face is buried in a pillow.

"Me too." I get off the table and sit on the bed next to his feet that are hanging off the edge. "Caspian, will you do me a favor?" I ask.

"Can I do it after we sleep?" He groans, twisting around so that he's laying on his back.

"But I can't wear a dress out to sea. I'll feel ridiculous, I already do."

"Althea, I promise I will, but first, we sleep." His voice already sounds groggy, he pulls me down next to him and burys his face into my neck.

"Okay." I sigh and accept the fact that I'm trapped in Caspian's arms until he wakes up.
~~~
Sorry this ones short but I really wanted to post to celebrate all the recent support.
Don't forget to vote, comment suggestions, and follow for future updates!
Love you all <3