9. Awoken

Gavin slowly arose from his slumber, by regaining his conciousness and attempting to separate his eyelids.

Blinding light brightened up his vision, as the man narrowed his eyes, the cold gray irises barely visible.

"Where am I?" He asked himself as he tried to move his arms, to get a slightest idea of where he was right now.

The only things he was aware of, were that he was feeling warm and comfortable, though he felt weak and could barely move his body, his eyes also miserably failing him.

After a few seconds of struggle, the man managed to sit up and rub his tired eyes, helping them get used to the brightness around him.

He wasn't that dumb, he knew he wasn't in heaven or hell. At least not yet.

Gavin opened his eyes at last, blinking rapidly, still getting used to his surroundings.

He instantly recognized where he was.

"Ah" he sighed, not surprized at this point.

The good ol' hospital. He's been here before too many times, so nothing really phased him.

He tried to escape several times, with no good results, so he didn't even think about it this time.

Baker will be fed and taken care of, since Tina has a spare key to his apartment for emergencies like this, so it's all good.

Apparently all alone in the room, Gavin tried to remember what had happened yesterday, after noticing his patched up right side under the covers.

From what he could guess, he was shot in the abdomen by a criminal?

Honestly, just like most of his body, his memory gave him a middle finger too.

Gavin groaned angrily at himself, when he realized the last thing he remembered was being in a club with his friends, drinking his ass off.

He slightly slapped himself a couple of times, his cheek reddening and stinging at the impact.

Realizing it's hopeless, he decided he should rest and expect the best after he wakes again.

---

"The fuck you lookin' at tincan? Get the fuck away from me!" Connor stood by the shooter's cell, analyzing the irritated human's face.

[Name : Jordan Katelle
Age : 29
Criminal record : aggrevated assault, rape (android involvement), illegal biocomponent selling]

In about 1 hour, Jordan will be interrogated, to find out why he and his partner, the one who managed to escape, did what they did last night.

Connor tried to take in as much info as possible, by himself.

To his disadvantage as a deviant, the android felt his stomach tighten whenever he remembered his partner, curled up in pain on the cold alley, which was pretty distracting.

From what he knew, it was guilt.

He wished he wasn't so slow and uncalculated, so that he could prevent this mess from happening. He could have at least been shot instead of the Detective, despite knowing he can feel pain now.

Yes, he still didn't like Detective Reed, but he definetly did not enjoy seeing him get hurt like that.

Things like this, getting distracted cause of your feelings getting to your head, was one of the worst parts of deviancy.

Of course, Connor would never go back to being a machine, with a black and white worldwiev, as he now realized it was like, after deviating.

Connor's eyebrow's knitted together as he tried to focus, noticing he wasted almost 5 whole minutes sorting out his thoughts and emotions not only towards the whole situation last night, but also his identity.

He rewieved the info he had collected in the crime scene yesterday, after Reed was taken away by an ambulance.

The neutralized android with a shot im the head an AK500 model, which was taken apart, had 3 vital biocomponents missing, including the thirium pump, the most important part of an android system.

The worst part, is that Jordan's partner didn't leave any blue blood traces behind, so tracking him down would be very difficult.

No wonder he was taking such a long time messing with the AP500 so long, for only 3 biocomponents out of bunch.

Only if the android weren't shot in the head, they'd have memory of what happened, and could really help police find out what happened.

Cause of the renewed 2039 android laws, they were not property anymore, so it was hard for Connor to get more info on it, except their name, activation date and model number.

[Name : Nick
Model number : AP500
Activation date : 2038, November 11th]

"He must be one of the androids I woke up..." Connor remembered, although he knew this was unrelated to the case at hand.

He drew a few conclusions to what he had discovered.

[Killers skilled with android anatomy]

[The shooters have android black market tendencies?]

[Jordan Katelle's accomplice : unknown, extract confession]

This was all Connor could get at the moment. When he started to write the report for this case, he got distracted again, just from staring at Detective Reed's clean, tidy, desk.

He had noticed before that it was much cleaner than Hank's or most others' in the department, but that's not what got him distracted.

The Detective had his feet up at his desk, a tablet in his right hand, a cup of coffee in the other.

Connor sat in front of him, rolling his eyes at the unproffesionalism of his partner. Yet he still smiled, as if he found something amusing.

"Whatcha lookin' at, tincan?" The man smiled at him the same way Connor saw Gavin smile in the car, when the android told him what music he listened to with his dad.

Connor then snapped out of it, his LED circling red slowly.

Gavin wasn't here anymore.

Anymore? He wasn't even present at the DPD to begin with.

Connor didn't remember this small exchange between them happening in the office. So this is not a recreation of anything.

He was so confused. He still wasn't used to the things human mind does, especially when not preoccupied with anything.

Hank told him about it, it was his imagination, or as some people called it, the third eye.

He took a while to think about it and analyze his own emotions, like it was a mission to accomplish, his head frying.

Did he just feel too lonely without Hank working in the department anymore, and his current partner being away?

Could he seriously miss Detective Reed, the man who tried to literally murder him last year?

He mentally noted himself to talk to his dad about this, since he knew no other person who would listen to him and help him as best as they could, for his good, despite him looking stupid cause of his confusion.