12. End

While Gavin was recovering, Connor was on his own. He shouldn't be making a huge deal out of this.

But god, was this difficult. Trying to and piece together evidence and preconstructing was so much harder for him without Hank's or Gavin's insights, since they were both pretty smart detectives, not to mention with their personalities.

There were even more android framing and murder cases stacking up, as reported by his collegues, and that drove him even harder over the edge.

"Maybe if I just stayed a machine, things would be easier..." Connor thought to himself, knowing he could never say these words aloud, especially in front of Hank.

He thought of speaking to Gavin about this, but he knew a conversation in the hospital would have low chances of going well after yesterday.

Connor also didn't like phonecalls that much, so he easily found Gavin's number and texted him.

Connor : Hello, this is Connor Anderson, your partner. Is this Detective Reed?

After about 5 minutes, a reply came.

Gavin : yea its me. What do u want dipshit

Connor : I am having troubles with the case at hand. I can't seem to focus on anything and I feel unneccesarily overwhelmed. What should I do?

Gavin : a robot, feeling stress?

Connor : I don't know if I can call it that, but it feels similar to what people call "being stressed"

A long, uncomfortable pause followed.

Ding, a notification.

Gavin : just calm down and drink some water or go into cool down mode for 10 minutes and you should be fine lol

Connor sighed and just accepted that he isn't gonna get easy answers from Gavin.

Connor : Thanks. I'll leave you alone now.

Gavin : thank god

- - -

After a few weeks, which felt like forever to Connor, Gavin came back to work.

The man visibly looked better than the day after he got shot.

"Hello, Detective Reed." Connor greeted him, when Gavin sat down on the chair in front of his desk.

"Hey, tincan. So, we still working on that case with Katelle and the framed androids?"

- - -

I'm sorry I'm ending this book so soon. Thanks to everyone who read this anyway.
Goodbye <3