𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 [2]

A FEW WEEKS PASSED AND CORDELIA, SPENCER AND I HAVE GOTTEN A LOT CLOSER

    A FEW WEEKS PASSED AND CORDELIA, SPENCER AND I HAVE GOTTEN A LOT CLOSER. I heard a knock on my door and I made my way to the door, slowly opening it as I yawned. Behind the door was Spencer and Cordelia, dressed and ready to go somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I tilted my head.
"Come get ice cream with us!" Cordelia smiled.
"Alright alright! Let me go get dressed goofball" I laughed and let them in.

I rushed back to my room, I slipped on a plaid skirt along with a white turtleneck tucked in. I slipped on black flats and brushed my hair before applying light makeup. I let out a small yawn before grabbing my purse and rushing back out to them.

"Yay! Can we go Papa? Can we? Can we?" Cordelia squealed.
"Yes sweetpea lets go" Spencer laughed, leading me to his car.

I climbed into the passenger seat while Spencer buckled Cordelia in. I watched out the window as I waited. When Spencer got in the drivers seat he immediately began driving towards the closest ice cream shop as we didn't wanna go too far. Once we arrived we all climbed out and I unbuckled Cordelia and let her down, she immediately grabbed my hand and I laughed a little.

"What flavor are you gonna get Lia?" I asked.
"Cookies n cream!" She chanted.
"Ooooh that's a good one!" I smiled.
"What flavor you gonna get?" She asked, tilting her head.
"I think I'm gonna get chocolate with peanut butter." I replied.
"That sounds yummy, can I try it?" Cordelia asked.
"Sure if your Papa is okay with it!" I spoke.
"Papa can I try some of y/n's ice cream?" Cordelia begged.
"Sure sweetpea just don't eat all of her ice cream" He laughed.
"I won't Papa I promise!" She exclaimed.

Eventually Spencer ordered our ice cream, Cordelia and I sat on one of the benches and we  were talking about whatever she set her mind on. It was truly the cutest thing. Once we were finished he set Cordelia in the car and looked at me before beginning to speak.

"Do you wanna go grab a coffee sometime?" He asked.
"I'd love to!" I replied, a smile on my face.
"Great!" Spencer smiled.
"Now come on it's late and you should probably get her home" I laughed.

We all piled into the car and I watched out the window. I fiddled with my fingers nervously, I knew I shouldn't be nervous but I was. I didn't wanna mess anything up. Spencer dropped me off at home. I said my goodbyes and walked inside, I stripped and got into my pajamas. I laid on my bed and hummed happily. God was I glad I picked a comfy mattress. I turned on my tv and scrolled through Netflix to find a movie. Soon my phone went off and I reached over and I glanced at it.

[Spence]
:Get some rest young one

[Y/N]
:Really? Young one?
:I'm a little offended

i'm [Spence]
:But you're so little and young to me

[Y/N]
:I'm just short! And I'm only 8 years younger than you!

[Spence]
:Only? That makes me feel old!

I let out a laugh before replying.

[Y/N]
:Oh shush...
:old man...

[Spence]
:Okay I need to get to bed and so do you.
:We have work in the morning

[Y/N]
:Goodnight Spence

[Spence}
:Night y/n

Soon I set my phone down, curling back up under my blanket. I yawned softly as I stared at my phone for a little, hoping he would text again but he didn't. I'm sure he was out like a light so I quickly fell asleep. The next morning I was rushing around to get ready, I threw on a white turtleneck and a satin red tank top overtop along with ripped jeans and converse. I quickly grabbed my lunch I had packed the night before and ran to my car so I could still make it to work on time. Thankfully I made it to the school on time, as I pulled in so did Spencer and Cordelia. I smiled as Spencer helped her out and she ran over to me, I laughed and gave her a big hug.

"How'd you sleep Lia?" I asked.
"Good! Papa read me a story!" She smiled.
"He did? Which one?" I questioned.
"Cinderella!" Cordelia giggled.

I smiled and let her go inside, looking at Spencer who was also smiling. I walked over to him and he gently grabbed my hand. My cheeks turned a light red and I tilted my head at him. Spencer just stayed quiet before letting go.

"I have to get to work, but coffee. This weekend, I'll pick you up at 7am" He smiled.
"Sounds good!" I replied, letting him get back into his car and head off toward work.

I walked into the school to see all the kids playing, I smiled and set my bag down before the bell rang and that told me we were now good to go. I got them all to sit at their tables and they were all eager to know what we were gonna do today.

"Today we are gonna do something a little different.." I smiled.
"What is it Ms.y/l/n?" A little girl named Harper asked.
"We are gonna read a story and draw a picture based on how we feel about that story" I answered.

They all gathered around in a circle. I loved to read to them. It was one of my favorite things to do. I read them a short story then handed them a piece of paper so they could draw. I walked around the room, peeking at the drawings whenever I could. Cordelia's consisted of a picture of Spencer, Her, and another woman.

"Lia whose the other woman in the drawing?" I asked.
"You!" She exclaimed.
My cheeks went red and I smiled widely "That's so kind of you"

This little girl had me wrapped around her finger and I wasn't going to deny it. When they were done I wrote their names on the back and collected them so I could put them in their folders to go home. Soon it was lunch and they ate rather quickly cause they all wanted to play, but it was raining so we had recess inside. When it was time to get picked up Spencer didn't show up.

[Y/N]
:Spence? I'm gonna take Lia home with me since you aren't here

I helped Lia into my car and buckled her up, I told her we would get dinner on the way to my house. We ran through a Mcdonalds drive through and got food, once we got home I plated her food and we ate together as I waited for a response from Spencer.

Authors Note: Hi! I hope you enjoyed the second chapter of little teachings!